So distressed I think I did something horrible :(

So I was standing with my hands on my hips as my father was showing me something and my sister showed up from the back and as she moved closer to me, my elbow touched her chest. So I wnet like oh no I touched her there and I moved closer to her to touch again because I wasn’t sure where my elbow exactlytouched her and I still don’t know if I touched her nipple or not she’s wearing a t-shirt with sequins on it and I don’t think she felt my elbow and if I ask her she’ll think it’s nonsense as always but I’m really worried because I went to touch again with my elbow I think to make sure where I touched but I didn’t enjoy doing it and I’m not sure if I had a groinal response but wasn’t thinking about that to be honest :( please help me

Hi Lily,

What happened was perfectly normal, your OCD is making you over think it. Dont ask your sister about it as this would be a compulsion, and only make it worse. Can you do something to try and distract yourself from the thoughts??

8 minutes ago, Amd80 said:

This is OCD Lily, you were checking to make sure you hadn't done something inappropriate but in doing so, have made yourself feel even worse. 

It's so hard to deal with, I understand.

Amanda x

But have I done something wrong by checking? It’s so hard to breathe right now thanks for the help x :( 

Checking with your elbow the second time was a compulsion. Learn from this and next time something like this happens try not to check, the anxiety will be worse at first but the more you practise the easier it gets.

Something like this actually happened to me two days ago and I did nothing but today I couldn’t help myself and done it, now I feel terrible cause in my eyes it’s a horrible thing to do, even if it was a compulsion?? :( 

Lily, this is the same as the last time and the time before that. This is going to keep on happening until you gain some control over your thinking and compulsions.

Let these things go. You shouldn't be spending any time thinking about minor things like this.

No, but my mum is probably gonna force me to go for a walk with her and I only feel like dying right now. And yeah, it always seems like I do compulsions to make myself feel even more guilty :( thanks for your help guys really appreciated xx

2 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Lily, this is the same as the last time and the time before that. This is going to keep on happening until you gain some control over your thinking and compulsions.

Let these things go. You shouldn't be spending any time thinking about minor things like this.

Thank you, PolarBear. You’re right, it’s all the same. I can see it now.