Help, severe health ocd

Hi, I'm not very active here. And sorry for my english. I'm portuguese. 

The thing is, I'm desperate. I suffer mainly from health ocd. I have a psycologist and psychiatrist. A week ago I had a mammogram and they detected something which is probably benign. But I think its cancer. Then i saw a strange mole and i think its cancer. Then throat cancer, than bowel cancer. Yesterday i took a lot of benzodiazepines because i can't live anymore with Ocd... please, someone, help

I have to wonder why your psychologist and psychiatrist are not getting you the help you need. What you need is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, not benzos, which are highly addictive.

Have either of them talked to you about CBT?

When you say that you ‘took a lot of benzodiazepines because I can’t live anymore with OCD’ are you saying that you deliberately took an overdose? It’s strange that we may look for signs of illness and be worried about the consequences and at the same time contemplate serious self harm. It’s a matter of dealing with the health anxiety. In the UK the standard treatment would be some form of CBT. Are you able to get this type of therapy in Portugal?

11 hours ago, PolarBear said:

I have to wonder why your psychologist and psychiatrist are not getting you the help you need. What you need is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, not benzos, which are highly addictive.

Have either of them talked to you about CBT?

PolarBear, my psychologist uses CBT, but for some reason i don't think he's helping me... Sometimes he does help other times it seems that I'm speaking to a wall...

3 hours ago, Angst said:

When you say that you ‘took a lot of benzodiazepines because I can’t live anymore with OCD’ are you saying that you deliberately took an overdose? It’s strange that we may look for signs of illness and be worried about the consequences and at the same time contemplate serious self harm. It’s a matter of dealing with the health anxiety. In the UK the standard treatment would be some form of CBT. Are you able to get this type of therapy in Portugal?

I know exactly what you mean. If I'm afraid of getting sick why overdose on benzodiazepines? The thing is I'm not afraid of closing my eyes and die. I'm afraid of the 'state' of being ill. Like cancer, I'm afraid of the treatments side effects.

Yes CBT is available in Portugal but there's still a lot to be done in that field...

Thank you for answering