I have been having intrusive thoughts

I have been having thoughts that I am gay knowing I'm not and lately it's got so bad that it feels like I have convinced myself that I am but I'm not, like I will think about something to do with it and I feel no fear of it however it's causing me so much pain. I've tried saying to myself every tme  I have a thought " so what If I were gay it's no big deal" I'm not sure if that a good thing to do or not but it's starting to feel like I've convinced myself I'm gay but I'm not and I just feel my libido and gone lately and advice?

Hi Brennan.

What you're going through is fairly common. What you're experiencing is intrusive thoughts, nothing more. What you are saying to yourself is okay in the short term but eventually you want to not react at all to the thoughts.

Right now you probably freak out every time you have an intrusive thought about your sexual orientation. Youve got to put a lid on that. They're just thoughts. They don't mean anything. You dont want them but thry dont really affect anything until you react to them.

Now the biggest compulsion with this OCD theme is ruminating. That's going over the thoughts in your head again and again. You might analyze the thoughts or try to come up with proof that you are straight. Those are compulsions and only make things worse.

Be who you are. When you get the thoughts, think whatever and get on with your day.

thanks for the reply and yeah that's what I have been trying I know that trying to reassure will only make it worse like you said it's the going over and over in my head that is annoying.