Intrusive Thoughts and False Memory?

I wanted to talk about a situation that happened last year which has been really bothering me for over a year now. I was sat down and a man walked past me and I got this horrible thought that I had touched him inappropriately on his private area and it straightaway got me into a state of panic. Once I had calmed down a little I started to think of it in detail whether it really happened? I started to wonder how could I have done that action so quickly as the man walked past me? Surely it would have taken a bit of time to undo his trouser/underwear etc to get to his privates? These thoughts come out of nowhere it is not like I am thinking I want to do this whenever I see a male. I don't know why these thoughts just pop into my head out of nowhere. I was able to ignore the thought for a day or so but it crept back into my brain later and I got the thought that every thing I had touched that day after I thought I had touched him inappropriately on his privates had become contaminated. I added importance to the thought which got me more into a state of anxiety. I have not been able to touch these things that I feel are contaminated after that day and I have been doing a lot of avoidance behaviour around these things. Can anybody please give me any help or advice?

There is plenty of help here in the back library. 

If you get familiar with how the search field works top right, you will discover a treasure chest of help. 

Here is a starter idea. You need help to understand how OCD works. 

Go to the search field, click "topics"  in the dropdown, then put in "the cognitive side"and click the search icon. 

In the resultant screen, click on" the cognitive side in content title only "

Then check the results :)

N.b.always ask questions and seek help through the forums, not the private message system. This ensures content can be properly assessed and moderated by the charity.