Scared please advise

26 minutes ago, Nikki79 said:

Putting it down to OCD is hard for me but reading what I have told you with yesterday’s incident would you just think it is OCD at play and do you think other people have experienced similar occurrences on this site?  Like are or experiences similar? 

Yes. But even if they weren't it is still OCD, When you get to the bottom of how it works, it is similar irrespective of theme or manifestation. 

1 hour ago, PolarBear said:

You're asking for reassurance Nikki. This is such a minor issue its not an issue at all. You are making it a big deal by cinstantly ruminating about it. Drop it. Refuse to get into mind debates over it. 

But PB I feel terrible about what happened. 

23 minutes ago, taurean said:

So?  You are giving meaning to it and reacting emotionally. You must learn not to do this Nikki. 

Not giving meaning to OCD intrusions is your way forward. 

So I just shrug it off? And think I did nothing wrong and carry on.

6 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

You work hard to stop ruminating over it. Don't guve the thoughts the attention they crave.

I know you feel bad. Thats normal. But you have nothing to feel bad about.

? how can I feel at ease with thinking I have nothing to feel bad about it? I believe I could try stop the ruminating but the guilt that I did bad is what kills me PB.

The guilt will subside after you stop paying attention to the thoughts. Right now you are treating this like a big deal so your mind thinks it's a big deal and generates negative feelings about it. Treat it like nothing and it will become nothing.

Edited by PolarBear