Hayley, when I was super bad it was like my brain had no room for any other thoughts, just relentlesss non stop intrusions, it was truly terrible, but, I find that they sort of settle a little over time, enough space is then given to start practicing cbt. I was told it was best that I stabilised before trying to implement it, my therapist told me I would’ve been unable to engage properly in such a high street of anxiety and mental instability, so I really get where ur coming from, the best way for me to cope when it was like that was to basically read a book or watch rubbish television, just anything to try and refocus, even if I didn’t feel like it I had to make myself. Also I practiced meditation every night in bed and done short ones during the day when particularly panicky, it was really helpful. U can do it xx

2 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Haaley, you are unlikely to feel less drained unless you start to do something about your OCD. 

I've spoke to my docs about it. They started me on sertraline and diazepam 

7 minutes ago, Haayleey96 said:

I've spoke to my docs about it. They started me on sertraline and diazepam 

Hi Haayleey. I hope the medication helps regulate your mood and control your anxiety. OCD ordinarily requires a therapeutic intervention. Forgive me if you’ve revealed this previously, but are you in receipt of cognitive behavioural therapy?

3 hours ago, OceanDweller said:

Hi Haayleey. I hope the medication helps regulate your mood and control your anxiety. OCD ordinarily requires a therapeutic intervention. Forgive me if you’ve revealed this previously, but are you in receipt of cognitive behavioural therapy?

Hi oceandweller I'm hoping it does work. I am, but I am only two weeks into it. So not got as far as actual therapy if that makes sense.