Would love to talk!

Hi Everyone,

How were your days OCD-wise? and resolutions-wise?

I am a bit anxious at the moment. I had my first session with a new Psychologist this morning, which went well- he's a Counselling Psychologist and seemed to understand OCD well. However at the moment my Dad has angina/heart pain again and I'm worried that it might be turning into a heart attack as it's not going with his GTN spray (which usually treats angina). I've got to be careful not to keep putting my family under so much stress with OCD.

My days have also been terrible ocd wise :( have had constant thoughts of harming myself and people and have even rang Samaritans it got that bad. 

I hope your dad does feel better soon! I know its easier said than done but try not to over think everything and make it all worse. 

Hayley x 

2 minutes ago, Haayleey96 said:

My days have also been terrible ocd wise :( have had constant thoughts of harming myself and people and have even rang Samaritans it got that bad. 

I hope your dad does feel better soon! I know its easier said than done but try not to over think everything and make it all worse. 

Hayley x 

Oh no, you poor thing. It can be so completely overwhelming at times. Are you feeling any better after the phone call? Are you having therapy sessions at the moment?x

OCD is an ace awfuliser - the illness encourages us to rack up exaggerated mini risks, make connections that don't exist, convince us that 2 + 2 = 5.

If we are seeing the worst and others aren't, then our OCD is likely in play. 

On 04/01/2018 at 23:49, BelAnna said:

Oh no, you poor thing. It can be so completely overwhelming at times. Are you feeling any better after the phone call? Are you having therapy sessions at the moment?x

Yes and no. It did help but ive definitely rang doctors to explain everything to them. Been started on diazepam and sertraline. I am but I'm only 2 weeks in due to the xmas period so have started actual therapy at the moment x

On 06/01/2018 at 18:13, BelAnna said:

Is the diazepam and sertraline combination helping? I hope therapy starts to help really soon too!

I'm not sure whether they are or not yet. I've only been taking them for 3 days.  I really do too!