Bit concerned.

Hello, 

My OCD is very severe at the moment and having a massive impact on my life. I have my second appointment with a new Psychologist tomorrow at 9.30 and I'm really hoping that it helps. 

I'm also more stressed than usual because my Dad is getting increasingly severe heart pain (angina) and is having an Angiogram (a procedure where there stick a canula/tube into the blood vessels and look for blockages near/in the heart) tomorrow (well today now) morning, which might indicate that he needs bypass surgery or a stent. My family and I are also supposed to be moving this year and are facing a lot of other problems at the moment. 

I just need to post as i'm feeling anxious! 

Edited by BelAnna

Hope your appointment goes well :) they all sound like situations that would increase my anxiety too, but hopefully after a chat today you'll feel more up for the fight against OCD, and hopefully that will lower your anxiety x

You have real life stress affecting you. Did you know that moving house is rated near the top of the list of stressful events, right up there with divorce and the death of a loved one? 

It is critically important that you take care of yourself. Take care of your physical needs and your mental health. You won't do your dad any good if you're falling to pieces. Relax. Have times when you can relax, like a good tub soak with candles or a great book. Go for walks to clear your mind. Do some relaxation exercises every day.

18 hours ago, daja said:

I wish I could help you... hoping the best for you and your family.

Thanks Daja, that's really kind of you.

12 hours ago, Gary.p said:

Good morning. ?

chat with your new psychologist, tell him/her how you are feeling. Hopefully they will be able to help.

Thanks Gary, I did that and it did help!

10 hours ago, HDC said:

Hope your appointment goes well :) they all sound like situations that would increase my anxiety too, but hopefully after a chat today you'll feel more up for the fight against OCD, and hopefully that will lower your anxiety x

Thank you HDC; I did have a chance to talk about how life stresses are impacting on my OCD and I do feel a bit more hopeful :). I hope you are ok!

4 hours ago, PolarBear said:

You have real life stress affecting you. Did you know that moving house is rated near the top of the list of stressful events, right up there with divorce and the death of a loved one? 

It is critically important that you take care of yourself. Take care of your physical needs and your mental health. You won't do your dad any good if you're falling to pieces. Relax. Have times when you can relax, like a good tub soak with candles or a great book. Go for walks to clear your mind. Do some relaxation exercises every day.

Thank you Polarbear :).

That makes sense that moving is one of the most stressful life events that we go through! This house move is complicated by other issues that my family is facing so it involves more uncertainty and stress even than some other house moves that I've experienced in the past.

My Dad has been booked in for a stent procedure in a fortnight so we are hoping that that will prevent any heart attacks from developing. He's back home after the angiogram now.