Solving the doubts Didn't helped!

I'm stuck with a memory of a past event... Its not even a big-deal thing (this memory)... Is just a silly stuff...

But anyway, I thought it was stuck with me because I had so many doubts about that day... "Why my friend said that particular thing? Why he acted that particular way?"

So, desperate to end my agony, I return in touch with this old friend yesterday, Only to ask him about that day! About his motivations, etc... And he answered me...

But now... Nothing changed, you know.... The thought about that day still gives me anxiety-explosions

And when I'm not ruminating it, Im anxious too, because my head is telling me I still need to ruminate it, because still not finished, even with all doubts solved

Edit: So, what can I do to end this suffering?! I hate this so much

Edited by bobbyassustado
3 minutes ago, bobbyassustado said:

I'm stuck with a memory of a past event... Its not even a big-deal thing (this memory)... Is just a silly stuff...

But anyway, I thought it was stuck with me because I had so many doubts about that day... "Why my friend said that particular thing? Why he acted that particular way?"

So, desperate to end my agony, I return in touch with this old friend yesterday, Only to ask him about that day! About his motivations, etc... And he answered me...

But now... Nothing changed, you know.... The thought about that day still gives me anxiety-explosions

And when I'm not ruminating it, Im anxious too, because my head is telling me I still need to ruminate it, because still not finished, even with all doubts solved

Edit: So, what can I do to end this suffering?! I hate this so much

Hi bobby. You will doubtless already be aware of this but approaching your friend for reassurance was a compulsion and is guaranteed to prologue your suffering. In order to recover you need to do the exact opposite. Accept the anxiety. Allow the intrusive thoughts and the doubt to enter your mind unopposed. And arrest your rumination.

6 minutes ago, OceanDweller said:

Hi bobby. You will doubtless already be aware of this but approaching your friend for reassurance was a compulsion and is guaranteed to prologue your suffering. In order to recover you need to do the exact opposite. Accept the anxiety. Allow the intrusive thoughts and the doubt to enter your mind unopposed. And arrest your rumination.

Hi Ocean. But wow, but accepting it is so hard... I think at some point in all these months, I already gave up and "accepted" it for some time, but still there... Still didnt go away. Thats why I approached him....

Its like... Accepting or denying the anxiety, it stays anyways