Current obsession always feel The Worst?

If you are referring to reaching a place where you feel like you'll never get any better, I have been there before.. several times! But OCD is a liar. You can and will get better if you resist performing compulsions (including refusing to ruminate). There is a really good book called Break Free From OCD by Dr. Fiona Challacombe & others. It can help you learn skills that you need to start to recover from OCD. You can do it! Good luck :)

Understand this completely. I always think 'I wish it was something else I was worried about because it wouldn't be as bad as this'. I thought that about my last episode (which I now see was completely magnified to the point of stupidity). I am now thinking this new one is the worst one I've ever had too. 

But I guess the reason why current worries seem like the worst worry you have ever had is because the past worries have been dwarfed to their real size because the sheer gargantuan level of importance placed on the new one. You then see how inappropriately you worried and how inaccurate your views on the old concerns were at the time. You see the past worries for what they actually were while you are neck deep and drowning in a new one. 

Edited by Headwreck

Hi,

Totally new to this group but dealing with a very bad bout of OCD and depression and find it difficult to talk to people like friends and family as I fear that they won't fully understand. I completely know what you mean about "current obsessions". I obsessed over something for years before finally letting go of it, and now feel like I would give anything for that to be my obsession again as it now seems so ridiculous. Reading through your comments has been very helpful to me today so just want to say thanks. I have had to take today off from work because obsessive thoughts have made me feel so anxious, and that mixed with depression has made me feel very ill and dizzy. I feel so guilty as I never take sick days.