Frightened mummy!?

Ohh god I haven't been on here for years ?but I really need somone to talk to please can someone tell me this is normal! I am going through ivf at the moment so Iam taking all the meds( ivf injections )Anyway last Tuesday  nite this new thought started well i say new thought I had the same about 5 years ago but completely fogot about it ?anyway I was looking up sideffects of the meds Iam taking for ivf when I thought omg what if I start to hear voice my brother in hospital now  and he hears them all the time he was smoking spice and doing other drugs for years he his had them for about 10 years or so by taking drugs !! My fear is I will end up like him I don' take any drugs nothink ! Only my ivf stuff xx anyway so I sat there and thought ohh god what If I start to hear them cos iam taking this ivf injections well that was it wasn't it I sat up and could feel my heart  racing it was gping mad  like I was losing my mind I didn't sleep at all that nite & I really don't need this with what Iam going through :*(it' not fair ! Xx so now Iam mind talking to myself it's like I can talk to myself in my head & I will say say mean stuff to myself then I think ohh god that's it I've got what his got now ..then  to day I thought to myself ohh god I haven't mind talk to myself in 2 hrs and it was bk cos I thought of it ! I know it all started off with ocd thought and I got that feeling over the weekend were i know it was ocd then the thinking well it can't be can it ? Cos it feels so real ??please help anyone and tell me Iam not going mad and won't end up in hospital . I was putting washing away early & I sat on the bed & turn the TV off ! & said right can I hear anythink now:*( this is checking I keep doing this how strange is thatxx

Hey, firstly I’d just like to point out that it’s very common for hormones to cause a flare up of OCD so this may well be a physiological response to your IVF meds, I find it helpful to remind myself when my hormones are playing up that they are the reason I’m feeling so bad. The next thing is, of course you aren’t going mad, you don’t hear voices by thinking about hearing voices! You’re just having a little blip in OCD, you need to stop checking to see if u can hear voices, that’s a compulsion, have you any way of accessing some therapy? It must be very stressful going through fertility treatment and as we all know, stress is also a factor that can make us vulnerable to a relapse. Hope u feel better soon xx

Hi Tinkerbell. 

I remember you have had this kind of connection before - when you've been around the boards a long time, like me, you remember people's case history. 

All that is happening here is you had an intrusive thought on a new OCD core belief that your brother hears voices after taking drugs for years ; you are taking drugs (IVF ones though)  therefore you might start hearing voices too, then you imagine you are hearing voices (you have a vivid imagination). 

There is no connection between your brother's issues and you - only your OCD is making one up, which is false. 

And from giving belief to that, your brain imagines that you are hearing voices, so you believe you are. Cue distress, panic, anxiety. 

That's what is happening. 

Stop believing this nonsense the OCD is telling you - it seems real, but it's nonsense - all down to OCD making a connection from you reading the possible side effects on the leaflet with the drug. 

Thank u so much for getting bk ??how funny u remember me ! I haven't been bk for years I was doing great :(this had hit me hard!! The funny thing is I've had this twice b4 ! Xx it' so strange eveyone was alseep so I was looking up sideffects of the drugs says nothink about hearing voices ! But all of sudden I thought ohh my God I could start !! Well that it the anxiety that it causes sent me cold !! That was about  6 days ago ... now what Iam doing is talking to myself in my head I know very odd so just know the fone rang and I just missed it !I called my self a silly bitch in my head for missing the call I thought it in my head and said it in my head but it sent me cold again and thought ohh god look iam??it's awful everytime Iam stress my ocd comes up .. the only drugs Iam taking yes are the ivf meds and they have so hard it hit me like a ton of bricks ?x I keep mind talking to myself so when I woke up this moring I said good moring in my head ? why would I say that then I turn everthink off telly music and close windows then sat there and said to my slef out loud right do I hear anythink! !ohh god if people could see me they will look me away with my brother !! I heard nothink I keep checking like that it makes me feel better that Iam not going mad xxxx

Could this really be ocd ! Me talking in my head then thinking iam going mad or hearing voices!! God I know I keep telling me self it' all ocd it started from a thought but it' so hard !!! When I was going a sleep last nite I heard my little bit say mummy but I was half a sleep I was just going in a dream so that could have been that!! Just b4 I took my baby a school I sat on my bed and said right do I hear anythink ???I must have looked mad !!I heard nothink not one single thingxxx but its never enough is it with this ! Xx