Agoraphobia and severe contamination fears. Has anyone had CBT on the phone? (Sorry, problem with access, still can only write in titles)

Hi Lost,

I hope someone who has had telephone CBT can help. I have not had it but do struggle with severe contamination OCD and agoraphobia (although I am not completely housebound, just cannot go into town and only leave the house for walks in countryside with family). 

If telephone CBT is the only CBT that you can access just now then it's probably preferable to no CBT at all. Alternatively is there any way that a therapist can come to you or would that trigger your contamination fears? Or could you have skype/whatsapp sessions because that should feel more like normal CBT.

I realise you won't be able to reply but it's worth considering those other options. I guess the difficulty with telephone CBT is that you don't have real in-person support when facing challenges like ERP tasks but if it's the only way to access treatment then it's definitely better than nothing!

Edited by BelAnna