26 minutes ago, Gemma7 said:

You keep saying your posts are irritating, but has someone actually said they are or do you just feel like you might be being irritating? 

This is the OCD like part. Using feelings as evidence and second guessing. Unless someone says your posts are irritating (which i doubt people will), don't act like anyone has. Easier to say than do i know. 

And you are definitely a friend to me :)

Oh bless you Gemma! and you a friend to me too :yes:

No :(, sadly this is the OCD part :( and a little bit of me too :crybaby:

2 hours ago, lostinme said:

My concern is that people tend to come here in a distressed state to seek advice and support, and possibly the last thing they want to hear is me being so positive about how far I’ve come and cheering them on :cheer:all the time, or jesting on a forum when people are coming here for a serious reason

Seriously, if someone has a problem with you trying your best to encourage others, then they really have got more issues than just OCD, Lost.

Don't worry too much, Lost, post, the forum will be a very dreary place without encouragement and sharing of ideas and experiences.

56 minutes ago, lostinme said:

Bless you Emsie, you are such a lovely lady :)

My head feels huge now and I’m feeling a little warm :blush: blushing slightly ☺️:lol: I think if I got a reply like this every day, my confidence would soon get back to normal :D

No seriously, you always say the nicest of things to me and if I’m feeling low that mood soon lifts :yes: you really are a sweet and kind caring person :) and it’s been an absolute pleasure if I have managed to help you in any way possible :yes: I always said if I could just help one person I’d be happy ? 

Sending you my bestest wishes as always, lost xx

Bless you too Lost, you're such a lovely lady too. Thank you so much for all your lovely, kind words. You make me feel very good about myself and that's a gift. 

Thank you so much for what you said, I'm so chuffed that I've been able to lift your mood when you've been feeling low, thank you, that means so much. 

You truly have helped me loads, Lost and you've always taken the time to be there and given me your support and help. I'm so grateful and fortunate. Again, a huge thank you! You are such a lovely, kind and caring lady and be very proud of that. 

All my best wishes as always, take care and keep posting as you always have done. Em xxx

Edited by Emsie
15 minutes ago, St Mike said:

Seriously, if someone has a problem with you trying your best to encourage others, then they really have got more issues than just OCD, Lost.

Don't worry too much, Lost, post, the forum will be a very dreary place without encouragement and sharing of ideas and experiences.

Bless you St Mike! Hope your ok and keeping well :yes:

You have been a god send to me, you always encourage and cheer me on and you have helped me so much in the past with your great words of wisdom and advice, to which I will always be truly grateful :yes:

Im doing really well re the mindfulness and it’s learnt me so much, I’m particularly good at the full body scan, which really helps with my sleeping and the breathing excersises really help when I’m feeling anxious ? that brings me calm :yes:

At the moment I’m finding the depleting or nourishing aspects in a day interesting and I really find this to be truly helpful :yes: forgive me if you don’t have the foggiest what I’m talking about :blushing:

Thank you as always, lost :)

27 minutes ago, Emsie said:

Bless you too Lost, you're such a lovely lady too. Thank you so much for all your lovely, kind words. You make me feel very good about myself and that's a gift. 

Thank you so much for what you said, I'm so chuffed that I've been able to lift your mood when you've been feeling low, thank you, that means so much. 

You truly have helped me loads, Lost and you've always taken the time to be there and given me your support and help. I'm so grateful and fortunate. Again, a huge thank you! You are such a lovely, kind and caring lady and be very proud of that. 

All my best wishes as always, take care and keep posting as you always have done. Em xxx

You did Emsie, I was truly touched by all your kind words, your such a wonderful lady :yes:

Its because I’m a kind and caring person that I hate to see others suffering to this terrible disorder :( the problem is I feel their pain, because we as fellow sufferers know exactly what they are going through and how they are feeling :( that’s why I like to encourage them to take the leap of faith because I know that by working hard and doing cbt they can improve their lives considerably :yes: Even though I’m not all the way there yet I can honestly say that my life as improved immensely and that’s all I want to see for all other sufferers :yes: and because I know from my own experiences I believe that we are all capable of making those changes :yes: 

Best wishes always, lost xx

Actually lost i could do with your positivity right now. Hopefully in emoji form? ❤️

I've got a never ending head cold, side effects from starting sertraline and my psychotherapy has brought up so much pain and anger. I could really do with some encouragement. So many things about my life are amazing but today I feel broken.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 05:52, lostinme said:

Bless you St Mike! Hope your ok and keeping well :yes:

You have been a god send to me, you always encourage and cheer me on and you have helped me so much in the past with your great words of wisdom and advice, to which I will always be truly grateful :yes:

Im doing really well re the mindfulness and it’s learnt me so much, I’m particularly good at the full body scan, which really helps with my sleeping and the breathing excersises really help when I’m feeling anxious ? that brings me calm :yes:

At the moment I’m finding the depleting or nourishing aspects in a day interesting and I really find this to be truly helpful :yes: forgive me if you don’t have the foggiest what I’m talking about :blushing:

Thank you as always, lost :)

You are most welcome Lost.

I am glad you have been able to utilise mindfulness to aid you in getting relaxed and calm, that is just one of the benefits, and when practised often enough, Mindfulness will lead to greater insight, it allowed me to understand the true nature of my thoughts, how a thought is really just a thought, the firing of my brain's neurons, how it comes and goes and I am the one who apply meaning to it and I am the one who can decide whether it should stay on by "minding" it (pun intended).

A little off the tangent, Mindfulness has been utilised by Indian Sages through the ages to gain insight and higher spiritual attainments. It was a tool amongst others which, one Indian Sage utilised to gain insight to such an extent, he gained full enlightenment and became The Buddha.

From this you can see how powerful a tool, Mindfulness is, in its ability to see through "Maya" - illusionary thoughts which are similar to OCD obsessions or intrusive thoughts. This is the reason I will never stop practising Mindfulness of the Present, for it keeps me rooted in the here and now and prevents my mind from wandering too much into the past and future and understand the reality of the present, so no more "what ifs", "buts" only "what it really is".

This is of course, just my opinion, based on my own personal experiences and the advice of the doctor and therapist is paramount in the treatment of OCD.

You are right to say how events of the day have an effect on our mood and thinking in both positive and negative ways if I didn't interpret your statement incorrectly.:) I am a firm believer in the how heart affects the mind and vice versa, since a pat on the back, literal or in this case, virtual (via electronic communication), can push someone in a more positive direction, why shouldn't we do this encouragement thing more often? :D 

With Metta,

Mike

Edited by St Mike
On 04/02/2018 at 23:10, JennieWren said:

Actually lost i could do with your positivity right now. Hopefully in emoji form? ❤️

I've got a never ending head cold, side effects from starting sertraline and my psychotherapy has brought up so much pain and anger. I could really do with some encouragement. So many things about my life are amazing but today I feel broken.

Oh bless you Jennie, I’m so sorry I missed your post :( 

I really hope you are feeling much better now :yes:

I know it takes time to adjust to new medication, it can take a while, but hopefully it won’t take to long before things start to settle :)

Hope you are doing ok, never give up hope, you can do this :cheer:

12 hours ago, St Mike said:

You are most welcome Lost.

I am glad you have been able to utilise mindfulness to aid you in getting relaxed and calm, that is just one of the benefits, and when practised often enough, Mindfulness will lead to greater insight, it allowed me to understand the true nature of my thoughts, how a thought is really just a thought, the firing of my brain's neurons, how it comes and goes and I am the one who apply meaning to it and I am the one who can decide whether it should stay on by "minding" it (pun intended).

A little off the tangent, Mindfulness has been utilised by Indian Sages through the ages to gain insight and higher spiritual attainments. It was a tool amongst others which, one Indian Sage utilised to gain insight to such an extent, he gained full enlightenment and became The Buddha.

From this you can see how powerful a tool, Mindfulness is, in its ability to see through "Maya" - illusionary thoughts which are similar to OCD obsessions or intrusive thoughts. This is the reason I will never stop practising Mindfulness of the Present, for it keeps me rooted in the here and now and prevents my mind from wandering too much into the past and future and understand the reality of the present, so no more "what ifs", "buts" only "what it really is".

This is of course, just my opinion, based on my own personal experiences and the advice of the doctor and therapist is paramount in the treatment of OCD.

You are right to say how events of the day have an effect on our mood and thinking in both positive and negative ways if I didn't interpret your statement incorrectly.:) I am a firm believer in the how heart affects the mind and vice versa, since a pat on the back, literal or in this case, virtual (via electronic communication), can push someone in a more positive direction, why shouldn't we do this encouragement thing more often? :D 

With Metta,

Mike

Yes I think I’ve still got along way to go re the mindfulness :yes: and a lot to learn, I’m only a beginner, but I’m finding it so useful working along side my cbt and hoping to learn more from it to help me on my journey :yes: 

Ive watched lots of videos on you tube and lots of people swear by it and I find it really helpful, so I have to agree, what I’ve learned so far as been really beneficial to me in lots of ways. 

I think on a personal opinion that running cbt and mindfulness along side each other in treating OCD would be a good thing :yes: but only because of my own personal experiences also. 

Yes that’s my belief too, encouragement and positivity are a must on our journey to recovery, I think this lifts our spirits and we start to believe in ourselves and we become proud in every little achievement we make :cheer:I think cheering each other on in every little step we take to be helpful. 

Im so pleased for you, that you are an exsufferer and I’m hoping one day I can achieve this too :) Freedom of thoughts ? 

Best wishes, lost :)