Hi everyone,

Sorry to be a pest, I don't like bothering my friends and family with how low and anxious I get so I hope it's ok to offload here instead?

My head is a mess and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to plaster on a smile. I feel like I'm never going to be alright ever again. My mind literally never stops, no matter how hard I try. Sorry for moaning guys, just needed somewhere to vent. 

X

Hi Skullpops,

I find that sometimes, the effort of putting on the appearance of being happy & 'normal' can just add weight to the issue's the issues I am already dealing with.

It's okay to not be okay. I'd say, concentrate on treating your OCD & don't worry about 'plastering a smile on your face', your smile will develop naturally as your OCD goes :)

Symps

Just now, Symps07 said:

Hi Skullpops,

I find that sometimes, the effort of putting on the appearance of being happy & 'normal' can just add weight to the issue's the issues I am already dealing with.

It's okay to not be okay. I'd say, concentrate on treating your OCD & don't worry about 'plastering a smile on your face', your smile will develop naturally as your OCD goes :)

Symps

Thanks so much for your reply Symps! I am on medication and seeing a therapist, current relapse been ongoing since October '16. Was in hospital for 4 months too. I just feel like it's never gonna go! X

3 minutes ago, Skullpops said:

Thanks so much for your reply Symps! I am on medication and seeing a therapist, current relapse been ongoing since October '16. Was in hospital for 4 months too. I just feel like it's never gonna go! X

I know how you feel! Everytime I think I overcome it, it rears it's ugly head again! But I do feel a lot better than I did a few years ago, so, progress maybe slow but it's getting better!

That's why I think it's too much effort to try & put on a mask of happiness all the time. I don't mean you have to wallow in your own misery, but just remember that you're a work in progress (like the rest of us! :)) .

Also, sometimes it's good to have a rant! & I'm sure your family & friends will understand your need to get things off your chest as well.

Symps

1 minute ago, Symps07 said:

I know how you feel! Everytime I think I overcome it, it rears it's ugly head again! But I do feel a lot better than I did a few years ago, so, progress maybe slow but it's getting better!

That's why I think it's too much effort to try & put on a mask of happiness all the time. I don't mean you have to wallow in your own misery, but just remember that you're a work in progress (like the rest of us! :)) .

Also, sometimes it's good to have a rant! & I'm sure your family & friends will understand your need to get things off your chest as well.

Symps

Yes that's it exactly, think you're getting somewhere then bam! I am happy to hear you're on the right road! That's lovely to hear. 

Awk I know, my family and friends would willingly listen, I just feel I am burdening them. Thanks so much for your reply!