I hope that people here have been officially diagnosed with OCD

Not here to be all mean, but truth be told with the bad influence the internet has on people it's very easy to mistake circumstantial issues for OCD and other real mental disorders.

I for instance, in the hard way, have learnt on my very own flesh that I'm genetically flawed. Many years of suffering have taught me that, but I have indeed seen psychologists and psychiatrists  and have been diagnosed with OCD and ASD.

When you can't differentiate between real mental disorders and circumstantial issues you might hurt yourself.

Another big thing is that a person with actual disorders should ALWAYS see both a psychiatrist and a psychologist, without professional help you could find yourself in very dangerous places.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, DeathSlave said:

Not here to be all mean, but truth be told with the bad influence the internet has on people it's very easy to mistake circumstantial issues for OCD and other real mental disorders.

I for instance, in the hard way, have learnt on my very own flesh that I'm genetically flawed. Many years of suffering have taught me that, but I have indeed seen psychologists and psychiatrists  and have been diagnosed with OCD and ASD.

When you can't differentiate between real mental disorders and circumstantial issues you might hurt yourself.

Another big thing is that a person with actual disorders should ALWAYS see both a psychiatrist and a psychologist, without professional help you could find yourself in very dangerous places.

Hi welcome to the forum..

thanks for your post I would like to point out something you said in your post that if we don’t seek help we will find yourslefs in dangerous places what do you mean by this what places are your talking about ? 

2 minutes ago, Snowdog said:

Hi welcome to the forum..

thanks for your post I would like to point out something you said in your post that if we don’t seek help we will find yourslefs in dangerous places what do you mean by this what places are your talking about ? 

It does depend on the person but OCD is indeed a mental disorder. Despite the possibility the sufferer is not in a severe state of OCD sometimes OCD could indeed make you collapse.

For example, bringing myself as an example there were many times in my life that I had actual seizure-like OCD attacks, so if for example something would bring me down or annoy me there were times that I'd just collapse at the moment, because I would then recall every other issue that occured for instance in the past days or weeks or even more.

For example, I have a dog and on time he urinated on the floor and when I got home I then felt stressed, but all of the sudden I then remembered somebody insulted me back earlier and that I have a task to do, then every issue or problem I've had during the week just started poping up in my mind, a million times each thought, like a computer that is being blown out of memory, and I actually wanted to rip my skin off and I felt like a thousand demons just started to yell in my head, and I got so angry I wanted to destory everything in front of me, and well my dog was there, I was actually dangerous to people and even my dogs, so before I got completey maniac I put him somewhere safe and then went to sleep and cried out of madness and not out of sadness.

People are different but this is an example that mental state could bring you to a dark place.

And this was a pretty recent event, during previous years I was way worse and had to take a little heavy dosage of pills, and if I had no shrink or something things could have gone way way worse.

3 minutes ago, DeathSlave said:

It does depend on the person but OCD is indeed a mental disorder. Despite the possibility the sufferer is not in a severe state of OCD sometimes OCD could indeed make you collapse.

For example, bringing myself as an example there were many times in my life that I had actual seizure-like OCD attacks, so if for example something would bring me down or annoy me there were times that I'd just collapse at the moment, because I would then recall every other issue that occured for instance in the past days or weeks or even more.

For example, I have a dog and on time he urinated on the floor and when I got home I then felt stressed, but all of the sudden I then remembered somebody insulted me back earlier and that I have a task to do, then every issue or problem I've had during the week just started poping up in my mind, a million times each thought, like a computer that is being blown out of memory, and I actually wanted to rip my skin off and I felt like a thousand demons just started to yell in my head, and I got so angry I wanted to destory everything in front of me, and well my dog was there, I was actually dangerous to people and even my dogs, so before I got completey maniac I put him somewhere safe and then went to sleep and cried out of madness and not out of sadness.

People are different but this is an example that mental state could bring you to a dark place.

And this was a pretty recent event, during previous years I was way worse and had to take a little heavy dosage of pills, and if I had no shrink or something things could have gone way way worse.

Ok I get what your saying about what happened to you ... but Ocd people are not dangerous they are least dangerous people and they would never act on there thoughts so I have intrusive of killing people and intrusive thoughts of harming myslef so are you saying if I didn’t have help I could be a danger to myslef and others ? Becuase I disagree if your saying that.. 

Just now, Snowdog said:

Ok I get what your saying about what happened to you ... but Ocd people are not dangerous they are least dangerous people and they would never act on there thoughts so I have intrusive of killing people and intrusive thoughts of harming myslef so are you saying if I didn’t have help I could be a danger to myslef and others ? Becuase I disagree if your saying that.. 

People are different, but I have ASD not just OCD, but to say OCD people are not dangerous is also wrong, as I said the whole idea of ocd is amplifying and repeating, so a person with anger issues would become a lot angrier, which is my case, but a big detail is the ASD that changes the picture and you're forgetting that. 

Just now, battlethrough said:

We all suffer with ocd,not one of us is dangerous, the brain may lie but infact were over sensitive, if thoughts bother us so much theres no way an action would be made

Welp you shouldn't speak for everyone, I have OCD and i'm not dangerous right now, but at certain points in my life I have been a bit unhinged, trying to portray OCD as just a cute little problem is both extremelly offensive for people who suffer from it and just plain wrong, OCD is recorded both in the DSM and ICO for a reason.

Again, speak for yourself, maybe statistically OCD people are not violent, but there are exceptions, and just like I said OCD is an amplifying machine, and mostly for the bad part, sadly I don't know many people that their OCD amplified the best aspects of them.

1 minute ago, DeathSlave said:

People are different, but I have ASD not just OCD, but to say OCD people are not dangerous is also wrong, as I said the whole idea of ocd is amplifying and repeating, so a person with anger issues would become a lot angrier, which is my case, but a big detail is the ASD that changes the picture and you're forgetting that. 

Yes people are different some people have got anger problems etc but I’m talking about Ocd like people that got the kind of ocd I got so I have to disagree with that... I don’t think that and a lot of People on here I know will tell you different to becuase we are the most kindest people going.. obv depends of what other people have got in with it but Im talking about people with Ocd has this is a Ocd site..and if your saying the opposite then I don’t agree and I know many of my cbt theprist and pdoc have said the same to.. it’s not good you saying that becuase people with harm intrusive thoughts would take that the wrong way they would think that there harm thoughts are dangerous now.. like I did when I read that.. but becuase I have cbt I can look at that different now and tell myslef it won’t lead me to dangerous places.. 

maybe read the post wrong becuase I know sometimes I do especially when my ocd serve at the moment.. but I wanted to ask you what you meant by that.. thank you for telling me your storie and your point of view 

i don’t know anything about asd so I can’t say anything about that to be honest..

2 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

I agree, people with OCD are not dangerous.  Nor do I think that everybody with OCD needs to see a psychiatrist.

Okay, you know what I'll give you that, OCD people don't always need to see one.

Just now, DeathSlave said:

trying to portray OCD as just a cute little problem is both extremelly offensive for people who suffer from it and just plain wrong

Nobody here would try and portray OCD as a "cute little problem" - it is crippling - but that doesn't mean people who have it are dangerous.

4 minutes ago, DeathSlave said:

OCD people don't always need to see one.

There is no such thing as OCD people.   People 'suffer with OCD', but aren't OCD people.  OCD is not a personality trait. 

54 minutes ago, DeathSlave said:

Not needed.  Most of us self-diagnose long before we see a Dr with OCD. In 9/10 cases most of us usually just need to work with a trained therapist (CBT) and that's sometimes a clinical psychologist or an IAPT therapist.   For most of us with OCD we don't need to see a psychiatrist unless there's co-morbidity issues or question marks over diagnosis or medication issues.  But to suggest we should always see a psychiatrist is wrong and unhelpful. 

Deathslave,i find it strange how you said i shouldn't speak for everyone when the title of your topic is suggesting everyone should be diagnosed, yet back track that in a later post,as for amplifying anger, i used to be very angry and this illness has crippled me infact made me quite meek, but i dont know much about asd so that must add something else

Just now, gingerbreadgirl said:

Nobody here would try and portray OCD as a "cute little problem" - it is crippling - but that doesn't mean people who have it are dangerous.

Again, this time trying to correct my phrasing, I never said it the way you're making it sound.

To infer by your reply one could conclude that I've said that OCD comes in with a danger pack, automatically. I've never said that.

What I AM saying is that OCD works as an amplifying machine, and that in SOME cases under a lot of pressure and no professional help one could endanger himself, so If we speak mathimatically in order to disprove a formula of a sequence you only have to bring one case where the formula fails, and I've brought mine - me. I am a living proof for the saying that "SOMEtimes OCD could bring you into a dark place". I think to generalize and say that every OCD sufferer couldn't get into such a place is beyond retarded, and quite frankly just invidious.

17 minutes ago, DeathSlave said:

but to say OCD people are not dangerous is also wrong, 

No it's not.  People with OCD are no more dangerous than the next person.   Your making a lot of statements of fact, which are simply not factual. 

1 minute ago, battlethrough said:

Deathslave,i find it strange how you said i shouldn't speak for everyone when the title of your topic is suggesting everyone should be diagnosed, yet back track that in a later post,as for amplifying anger, i used to be very angry and this illness has crippled me infact made me quite meek, but i dont know much about asd so that must add something else

You know what ? my bad , I take it back. I'm not here to focus on  deformed phrasing, just to improve that stance of others and shed a bit of light, in my opinion at least.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

No it's not.  People with OCD are no more dangerous than the next person.   Your making a lot of statements of fact, which are simply not factual. 

What I AM saying is that OCD works as an amplifying machine, and that in SOME cases under a lot of pressure and no professional help one could endanger himself, so If we speak mathimatically in order to disprove a formula of a sequence you only have to bring one case where the formula fails, and I've brought mine - me. I am a living proof for the saying that "SOMEtimes OCD could bring you into a dark place". I think to generalize and say that every OCD sufferer couldn't get into such a place is beyond retarded, and quite frankly just invidious.

5 minutes ago, DeathSlave said:

Welp you shouldn't speak for everyone, I have OCD and i'm not dangerous right now, but at certain points in my life I have been a bit unhinged, trying to portray OCD as just a cute little problem is both extremelly offensive for people who suffer from it and just plain wrong, OCD is recorded both in the DSM and ICO for a reason.

Again, speak for yourself, maybe statistically OCD people are not violent, but there are exceptions, and just like I said OCD is an amplifying machine, and mostly for the bad part, sadly I don't know many people that their OCD amplified the best aspects of them.

So everyone I know on here that has intrusive harm thoughts like me some could be  dangerous? I can’t speak for everyone yes that is very true but we talking about Ocd.. I just want to say You got to be careful because this could really trigger someone to have a Ocd melt down that have intrusives harm thoughts becuase I have battle them kind thoughts for years now and if I didn’t have the cbt that I’ve have latley that would of sent me of the rails with my Ocd thoughts becuase I know finally that’s not true so Im gonna leave this here but I found your post very unhelpful to people here that have intrusive thoughts of harm and who have Ocd 

You're speaking to people who have lived with and dealt with OCD for many years. They are experts in their own experiences, as you are in yours. But I get the impression you are 'assuming that your experience is therefore the same for everyone with OCD, it's not. 

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

There is no such thing as OCD people.   People 'suffer with OCD', but aren't OCD people.  OCD is not a personality trait. 

Not needed.  Most of us self-diagnose long before we see a Dr with OCD. In 9/10 cases most of us usually just need to work with a trained therapist (CBT) and that's sometimes a clinical psychologist or an IAPT therapist.   For most of us with OCD we don't need to see a psychiatrist unless there's co-morbidity issues or question marks over diagnosis or medication issues.  But to suggest we should always see a psychiatrist is wrong and unhelpful. 

Okay, I did take this saying back and corrected myself, but I tend to say so because I'm also autistic which changes the whole situation.

I'm not here to focus on  deformed phrasing, just to improve that stance of others and shed a bit of light, in my opinion at least.

But you're not sheding light, you're spreading misinformation from what I can tell.