Addressing my worst ever "distraction"

As some forum users know I developed a massive problem with horse racing as a "distraction" from anxiety and OCD five years ago which almost cost me my marriage and much else besides.

Well, I'd just like you to know it's two years today since I last gambled on anything - horses, lottery etc. 

I wouldn't say the last two years have been easy - lots of adversity in mine (including ongoing OCD) and my wife's personal lives but somehow I've managed to stick to the commitment I made 730 days ago.

I've made terrible mistakes along the way, said things on this forum and elsewhere in the heat of the moment I shouldn't have said etc. but ultimately I've learnt much about myself during this period and hope to continue on my journey using my own interpretation of One Day At A Time.

Best wishes, Phil.

I'm proud but also reflective about the near collapse of my marriage, loss of house, my mental health, the debt I got into and dare I say it the shame.

More positively, I'm down to a low dose of tranquillisers which forum friends have helped me with tremendously and we (loveliest and kindest woman) have re-built our relationship.

I have many issues ahead but ultimately the decision I made to stop gambling was the best decision I've made in my life.

Best wishes, Phil.