OCD-UK Annual Conference - Brighton, Sat 10th Nov

• 4 weeks later...

Lottie and I are working on the conference planning again tomorrow. We already have some great ideas for practical and helpful conference agenda presentations.  For those planning to come along, is there anything particular that you would like to hear about (would need to be fairly generic to be of relevance for the majority).

On 14/03/2018 at 22:32, Ashley said:

The conference planning started in earnest today. I have handed over the conference preparation and hosting duties this year to our very own Lottie, and I am so delighted to have such amazing volunteers to work with.

We have some great ideas planned for the day, and most importantly sticking with our two core themes of 'positive' and 'practical'.   At the moment our draft agenda plan is to offer:

• 4 clinical presentations to the entire audience
  • 3 inspirational speakers to the entire audience (including myself chatting to Ian Puleston Davies with our 'Two Ronnies' piece).
  • 2 x 1 hour workshop sessions - With a choice of 4 breakout workshops for each workshop and including at least one clinical workshop in each session.
  • Choice of 2 workshop 40 minute sessions at the lunch break, allowing attendees 30 minutes for lunch.  Those not attending can have the full 1hr 10min lunch break. 

We also plan a big weekend of social events (open to those attending the conference or not able to attend can still join us socially).

Big Weekend Socials

• ·       Thu evening – Support Group (Free)
  • ·       Fri evening – Ice breaker drinks and informal bite to eat (cheap and cheerful)  (attendees to pay for own drinks/food)
  • ·       Sat evening – Three course champagne reception and anniversary dinner with music/DJ   (This will be subject to a fee, of around £38) 
  • ·       Sun morning – Stroll along Brighton seafront and ride up the new BA tower (just tower fee to pay - those not wanting to do the tower can stay below and grab a coffee)
  • ·       Sun lunchtime – Finish the weekend off with a stroll back along the prom to the pier and fish and chips by the seaside  (pay for own drink/food)

We hope many of you will be able to attend. 

Wow, this all sounds brilliant! I didn’t realise there would be so much going on.

Probably won’t be able to do the whole weekend, but I’m definitely going to try and come to some! :)

H Ashley et al,

I'm a deffo and be ace to meet you all. I'l be coming as a one man band so you'll be able to spot me.

Njb

Edited by njb
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Ashley,

Ive booked my accommodation for Friday until Sunday. I was going to order my ticket tonight but I’m afraid I gave someone my last magazine so I don’t have the discount code to hand, I would be really grateful if you could please forward it to me. 

Many thanks lost :)