My Extreme OCD Life

I used to be really bad with checking compulsions so the act of seeing someone else doing that was quite upsetting, think I just got upset because could empathise with their frustration and upset. Didn't realise that the counting along with the checking was a 'thing' either, used to do this myself, didn't know it was symptomatic. 

When I watch documentaries I always question "what is the reason for this documentary and what do they want the viewer to come away with?" Of course, some are just for pure entertainment/interest but I'd not class this sort of documentary as something that would fall into that category. I understand that it might have been awareness but say for example someone recognised OCD in a family member due to this programme, it's all well and good but what else do they understand other than the potential sufferer might have to do things to quell an urge? Do they know enough to spot someone who may be suffering based on what they've seen, could they possibly misdiagnose? I don't think the purpose was clear, it just seemed to be a showcase of different compulsions but no details on the cause or resolution.

Just another thought, maybe it was directed towards people who are wondering if they are suffering with ocd? I guess in that respect it could have been quite effective but one person's compulsion might be another person's innocent habit as there wasn't much light shed on the thought process? 

Not sure if I'm making sense, sorry!

Edited by Headwreck