Please help get over my worst day in a long time

Can anyone share there advice when they have gave into ruminating and had the worst ever anxiety. Today has been my worst day in a while and iv made myself worse by spending a lot of the day on the forum mainly looking for reassurance. I feel I'm about to have a breakdown and cant' seem to be positive. If anyone has found themselves in this situation and got themselves out please share your experience. I really don't want to sink any lower. It all started this morning when I woke up after a dream as I described in my first post. I wish I could just make it click and believe in myself. Thanks.

So you ruminated all day, hung out on the firum looking for reassurance and you feel worse? Do you get that? What you're doing is not working. It's making matters worse. Compulsions don't work. They always make you moreanxious and they lead to ever more intrusive thoughts and compulsions.

Change what you are doing. Get off the forum. Get your ruminating in check. Get up, get out and do something. Go for a walk and focus on what you see and hear. Clean out the cupboards. Go shopping. Get yourself back into living and refuse to get into mind debates over your obsession.