A quick question about new thoughts scaring me

Hi there 

hope you all well  

Sorry haven’t been on for a while I’ve been really not well in hospital and had to have surgery etc but on the mend now..

my Ocd has been so bad they put my escitlopram up to highest dose now and I’m on week 3 every thing been better hardly had no Ocd etc apart from today omg I have new thoughts and I’m trying to work out if there Ocd thoughts or I’m getting really mentally unwell or it’s from upping my pills I’m literally so scared ?well here goes I’m actually so sick to say my new thoughts but I’ve never had them before and you know my thoughts there all harm one or some sexual but I’m having intrusuve thought  today I don’t like my daughter I’ve never had them before ? and it’s scaring the hell out of me has anyone had these thoughts ? Is it Ocd trying to trick me with something new.. 

snowdog x

• Ashley changed the title to A quick question about new thoughts scaring me
32 minutes ago, Isthisreality said:

So this is how it is: no medication will ever take away the thoughts. You need to attack te thoughts.

Thanks for your reply 

I’m not on meds for Ocd I’m on meds for anxiety and depression I am.. yeah I’m doing that at the moment and my harm thoughts have gone down by half..just wanted to know if these are new Ocd thoghts 

21 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

There's a phrase "if it feels like it might be OCD, then it is" - treat this like any other OCD theme.  Don't engage.

Sorry to hear you're unwell but glad to hear you're on the mend xx

Thanks gingerbreadgirl 

just wanted to know if it’s tryign to attack me in another way Becuase these are new thoughts ? 

Hi snow so sorry to hear you’ve been unwell and had to have surgery, but it’s nice to know your on the mend now :yes: I agree with gbg :yes: I once had these thoughts too, but I nipped them in the bud immediately and they havnt bothered me since:) Don’t engage in them, treat them as any other theme of OCD, you can do this snow ❄️ don’t buy into it :)

Best wishes as always, lost xx

32 minutes ago, lostinme said:

Hi snow so sorry to hear you’ve been unwell and had to have surgery, but it’s nice to know your on the mend now :yes: I agree with gbg :yes: I once had these thoughts too, but I nipped them in the bud immediately and they havnt bothered me since:) Don’t engage in them, treat them as any other theme of OCD, you can do this snow ❄️ don’t buy into it :)

Best wishes as always, lost xx

Thanks lost for your message ..You had them horrible thoughts to ? it’s so awfull lost it’s making me so crazy 

hope your ok x

I’m good thanks snow ❄️, its making you crazy because you are acknowledging it flower and placing importance on it, this is making you believe you have something to fear, let the thought go, each and every time you get the thought just let it float on by and don’t give it any attention, eventually it will subside but you have got to stick with it. Don’t try to answer or neutralise the thought by thinking that’s not true or I do like my daughter. Recognise it as the same thought and just carry on with what you are doing :yes:

Hope this helps you, lost x