Help needed with exposure to my thoughts

Hi there has you know I suffer from harm intrusive thoughts..

well today is the first time I’m baby sitting my nephew at my house he is 4 years old so this is big thing for me.. so I’m here sitting with him while he watching cartoons and it’s brought on all my intrusive thoughts what if I harm him here etc u know them thoughts.. my anxiety is tho the roof and I can’t relax scared out my mind.. so what am I poss to do just sit here and invite them in I don’t want to distract myself Becuase I know that don’t get rid of them this is so uncomfortable.. all these feelings are terrible.. the imanges are even worse 

please don’t tell me I won’t do it cuz your feed it more I just need to know what I should do Becuase this is going to far now I need to get a grip of this so I can relax in my life 

any advice would be good right now x

I think you should just sit with the thoughts, allow that discomfort to be there, even deliberately ramp it up by bringing on more thoughts.  Be careful not to do any compulsions, including sneaky ones of ruminating/analysing.  Eventually the anxiety will start to come down x

2 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

I think you should just sit with the thoughts, allow that discomfort to be there, even deliberately ramp it up by bringing on more thoughts.  Be careful not to do any compulsions, including sneaky ones of ruminating/analysing.  Eventually the anxiety will start to come down x

Thanks for your reply gingerbreadgirl ok I try that thanks I sit here invite them and I won’t do no complusions.

wow this is hard 

x

• Ashley changed the title to Help needed with exposure to my thoughts

Sit with the thoughts. The anxiety will rise but eventually ease off. Hopefully by the time you read this things will of improved. Make sure you congratulate yourself afterwards!! Well done for facing your fears hopefully you will get some enjoyment from your nephew.

2 hours ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

It's so tough :( OCD is horrid.  But you can do this - you're stronger than OCD! And the prize at the end will be worth it :) xx

It is so tough it’s so horrible esp when it’s towards people u love ? yeah defo worth it in the end ?

11 minutes ago, Bodger said:

Sit with the thoughts. The anxiety will rise but eventually ease off. Hopefully by the time you read this things will of improved. Make sure you congratulate yourself afterwards!! Well done for facing your fears hopefully you will get some enjoyment from your nephew.

Thanks for your reply bodger 

yeah your right things have Improved I’m sitting here with my arm around him which I find hard to do .. everything has ease of still there but not has bad when I first posted for support then tonight I can write in my book what I achieve today x 

7 hours ago, Bodger said:

Well done!!! Enjoy your time with him now, you have done amazing today!!!

Thanks bodger and thanks for your help today 

Yeah done so good so proud of myself 

7 hours ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

You should be really proud snowdog! 

Snowdog - 1, OCD - nil

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day with your nephew :)

Thanks for your help today 

yes snowdog 1 ocd nil 

yeah been good since thanks