Who is afraid of earth? Who is afraid of death?

Hi there,

i was just wondering anyone is afraid to touch earth as in death related? As in when someone dies and you touch earful /throw earth/ and if you touch earth you bring death? 

I lost my father 2008 who I loved like crazy  , in 2009 my brother, then another friend who I just met, then in 2010 my best girlfriend and my stepdad who I love a lot . It was very hard to get over that and was ocd all the time. I didn't know it was ocd.

praying, hoarding, afraid I am the cause, feeling as if  I can stop and doing everything to stop it, paranoid that more people die, anxious and tense all the time.

I really came a long way with this form of ocd , but earth is still tricky.

I feel like when I touch it I spread death.:(

anyone there feeling something similar?

i do touched it yesterday and today and it felt very uncomfortable. 

x

Hi Luna,

I'm so sorry to hear you've experienced so much loss, that must have been such an awful time for you.

I haven't experienced this specific type of OCD but I can understand how your experiences could lead to certain obsessions and compulsions around death.

It sounds like you know this is OCD though, and as with any type of OCD, the key is to not feed it, not give in to what it's asking.  So touching it and then not performing compulsions would be key for you I think.

Take care x

I remembered why I am also afraid of the earth! In our culture, people who use dark magic put earth under someone else door to bring bad stuff and death to those who live there! And ofc i dont want to accidentally bring harm to the ones i love, typical ocd.