I resisted a compulsion

I’m on my period (sorry if that was TMI!) and not feeling great. Before OCD affected my exercise, I would have skipped it. But now I feel I can’t, in case I get fat. So I was planning to go today even if I was feeling bad. But I’ve decided to skip it- that’s a whole 55 mins less this week, and I’m not going to do it on another day instead. I’m going to force myself not to ? I feel guilty about it, but now my CBT has finished I need to try and carry on resisting things.

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement :)

My brain keeps trying ways to get around it- I could skip the gym but go on the exercise bike at home for a bit. Or I could go another day. But I have a busy week and going another day would mean sacrificing something else. And I think I need to resist this.

I guess I find it hard because government guidelines are to do 2.5 hours exercise a week. So I feel bad for not doing it.

I know right. When i was younger, maybe 10 years ago did i have this obsession about what if i recover, and want to praise myself afterwards, you know getting the reassurance that it was just OCD. I had a therapist then who i just went to and talked, i was like 16. And he agreed. It is tricky. 

However when you are recovered will you not see it like this. 

Do more of the right thing than of the wrong thing and you will recover. Sooner or later

Edited by Isthisreality

It didn't matter. The important thing is to resist compulsions. Dont try  interpret your feelings too much. You shouldnt interpret them at all actually

Recovery will suck. You will get anxiety and it is all good. It is just OCD

Edited by Isthisreality