Hi all,

Can someone help me with something. I'm having real trouble letting go of another aging obsession. I keep using various means of justifying why I should let it go, ie it's OCD / it's pointless / it's silly / it's not necessary, etc. This never works. It always seems to prolong things, when I try to make myself see these obvious points. But it's hard for me to simply ignore the subject without using one of them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am sorry but the only thing that seems to work is to collect all your bravery and let it do its thing. Arguing with it never helps

In some sense do i understand that it is my OCD, sure. But then do i get this instant doubt, but what if 0.01% of this is REAL, MAYBE YOU SHOULD FIGURE IT OUT. IS this really your OCD. 

Or what is OCD? Isn't OCD you? Isn't OCD your brain? What is a thought. 

AND IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON. 

I don't find it helpful to tell myself that it is my OCD. HOWEVER i do think or i have the opininon that you at some point need to know that you have OCD, when i was a kid and i got my first thought about how i had LET ME MOTHER DOWN, when i left her when i went to school, would it be nice if i could  understand that it is not really how it is. But beside that - do i honestly don't see how it could make it easier. My OCD never says "yes yes i am your OCD, this is just a joke, so now go on with your life."

Edited by Isthisreality