Don’t know what to do anymore!!

I just don’t know we’re im going wrong 

I do everything I should be doing my anxity still there my thoughts are still there  all day long everyday my anxity still bad I’m always in a bad mood Becuase of them and so irritated all the time like so irritated ..it just won’t let up at all.. I just looked in the mirror and I just look so I’ll and drained from it all I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong :bash: my head going to explode... 

I’m on week 5 of 20mg escitlopram in the morning and nothing changed..

i must be doing something wrong but what ☹️ I’m jus not getting better 

11 minutes ago, Snowdog said:

I just don’t know we’re im going wrong 

I do everything I should be doing my anxity still there my thoughts are still there  all day long everyday my anxity still bad I’m always in a bad mood Becuase of them and so irritated all the time like so irritated ..it just won’t let up at all.. I just looked in the mirror and I just look so I’ll and drained from it all I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong :bash: my head going to explode... 

I’m on week 5 of 20mg escitlopram in the morning and nothing changed..

i must be doing something wrong but what ☹️ I’m jus not getting better 

Hi snow I’m so sorry to hear your still feeling like this :(

Its difficult I know but you need to try some positive beneficial distraction, listen to your favourite music and maybe sing along to it, it doesn’t matter if you can’t sing, just do it, listen to the words of the song and totally focus on that and nothing else. Maybe at the same time do something nourishing like sorting a cupboard that as needed sorting for ages, this will also give you a feel good factor. You can turn depleting everyday things into nourishing things which will lift your mood and help the depression. Quite often we are swamped with thoughts, which lowers our mood and keeps the importance of the thoughts going. You need to first get yourself out of the quagmire of noticing the thoughts and accept they are in the background and nothing more, accept that they are going to be there but they are just passing through, don’t place importance to them. Pay no attention to them what so ever. Just carry on and focus on the task in hand. 

Unfortunately medication will only help ease the anxiety, it won’t stop the thoughts, this is where cbt comes in and you have to start working through things slowly one baby step at a time, slowly changing your behaviour as well as the way you percieve the thoughts. But firstly you need to accept that the thoughts are going to be there no matter what and you need to learn to detach yourself from them, see them as passing clouds floating by. Once you start accepting that they are going to be there, this is when you can start working on your cbt. Acceptance is a big part, quite often we believe they will just stop and believe the medication will help do this and sadly it won’t. 

Hope this helps, lost x 

You are doing compulsions no doubt about it. I am very aware of my anxietylevels and i usually try to put a umber on it. Panicattacks are 10. Bad anxiety is 7-8. And so on.

I had a constant feeling of panic the 2 weeks i did my absolute best. So now from being at 9 am i at 5 or lower.

Why do you care about if the thoughts are there? There do you have 1  BIG problem.

Edited by Isthisreality

Snowdog, the two things that come to mind are that you are still freaking out when the intrusive thoughts pop up and you are doing compulsions.

If you are freaking out, getting a big jolt of anxiety when the thoughts appear, it means you are still believing there is some truth to the thoughts, that they are real, that the thoughts are important and in need of attention.

You've got to change your view of the thoughts. They're all lies. Every one of them. They're not worth spending one second of brain power on. They are junk.