1 hour ago, PolarBear said:

It's not good to mix the two, especially in high quantities. Are you concerned about simething in particular?

No, I'm not. I was just asking because I want to drink a bit but the last time didn't turn out okay to do so... Thank you! 

6 minutes ago, Isthisreality said:

Don't do it. You were taking benzo? Not a good idea to mix those two.

And some people can get reaction when they mix SSRI and alcohol.

I think so, I'm not too sure about what benzo means but I will be careful if I drink 

4 minutes ago, lily17 said:

I think so, I'm not too sure about what benzo means but I will be careful if I drink 

I would recommend you to not do it. I also find that alcohol makes me more anxious if i drink when i am already anxious. 

34 minutes ago, Isthisreality said:

I would recommend you to not do it. I also find that alcohol makes me more anxious if i drink when i am already anxious. 

Once I had a drink when I was already on meds and it made me sleepy but nothing else happened. I don't know, maybe if I drink with moderation... thanks for the advice tho

8 hours ago, lily17 said:

What happens if you drink alcohol when you're on meds???

The short answer is anything from 'no effect' to ending up comatose/unconscious. It depends what drugs you're on, what dose you're taking, and how much you drink. 

Speak to your doctor about the effects of alcohol on the medication you're taking. Whatever that happens to be, it's sensible to drink in moderation or not at all when taking any medication. 

And don't be tempted to skip a dose of mediation in order to have a night out drinking. Bad idea and you can still get side-effects. 

On 29/3/2018 at 23:42, snowbear said:

The short answer is anything from 'no effect' to ending up comatose/unconscious. It depends what drugs you're on, what dose you're taking, and how much you drink. 

Speak to your doctor about the effects of alcohol on the medication you're taking. Whatever that happens to be, it's sensible to drink in moderation or not at all when taking any medication. 

And don't be tempted to skip a dose of mediation in order to have a night out drinking. Bad idea and you can still get side-effects. 

I remember my psychiatrist said alcohol was a no-no but I'm tempted to drink some... I already did and was okay (months ago, not recently) but I guess I'm not that into it to risk it all

I have just started my third round of SSRI's only this time I won't be drinking on them. The last two periods I've been on them I drank heavily as well as doing other drugs and to be honest I can't say that I felt any benefit whatsoever. Hopefully this time around I'll feel something.