Ocd freezing seizures

Has anyone suffered or seen these? My husband freezes and stares and than blinks rapidly and his breath is shalow and fast,hyperventilating.it almost looks like he is having a seizure.he is motionless and rigid. he looses touch with reality as ocd takes control and he has to fight to come back from that place. He eventually gains control and calms down. Afterwards he is exhausted,his head hurts and pulls. It looks terrifying but i can't stop him. He has to come back himself.they can last btw 10 min up to 2+hours.please please if you have these or know anything about these freezes,let me know. Thank you.

Can't say I've ever heard of this before because as you say it does sound like a seizure of some kind. 

I know if I become suddenly stressed by something it's almost like i go into an almost delayed kind of shock. I feel like 'i'm sinking into myself' if that makes sense? Everything around me seems to go a bit distant like sounds become quieter, vision goes blurry, you don't really have any kind of attention span and everything feels like a bit of a blur. Though I imagine this is just a normal response to stress.

Do you mean he get so concentrated on the thoughts? Do he do tics? I have had those things, when i had my counting OCD, i could freeze and count and i did tics. now my doctor would say that this is the ultimate proof of autism but yes it could be tics. 

However i am not certain if i understand what you mean with "freeze"

Edited by Isthisreality
On 23/04/2018 at 17:23, Isthisreality said:

Do you mean he get so concentrated on the thoughts? Do he do tics? I have had those things, when i had my counting OCD, i could freeze and count and i did tics. now my doctor would say that this is the ultimate proof of autism but yes it could be tics. 

However i am not certain if i understand what you mean with "freeze"

Hello. When he is like that,he tells me,he is 'sorting things out' ,kind of undoing the web of connections and associations that ocd has created.he is trying so hard not to use his ocd that it kind of become his ocd subject. He gets 'involved' with something he thought or an intrusive image and it can spiral out of his control to such an extent that he is motionless,rigid,stares at one spot ir blinks rapidly. U can see that he's not in reality. When he finally comes out of it,you can see it in his eyes that he is back.he is trying to say something to himself as a reassurance and help himself but ocd is blocking his internal monologue.it is a power struggle. OCD vs HIM. It's scary.

3 hours ago, LennyB said:

Hello. When he is like that,he tells me,he is 'sorting things out' ,kind of undoing the web of connections and associations that ocd has created.he is trying so hard not to use his ocd that it kind of become his ocd subject. He gets 'involved' with something he thought or an intrusive image and it can spiral out of his control to such an extent that he is motionless,rigid,stares at one spot ir blinks rapidly. U can see that he's not in reality. When he finally comes out of it,you can see it in his eyes that he is back.he is trying to say something to himself as a reassurance and help himself but ocd is blocking his internal monologue.it is a power struggle. OCD vs HIM. It's scary.

I had those when i was 18. It was when i needed to organize things in my head. I just needed to GET IT RIGHT. i remember why i ended up standing and shaking. Because i needed to find strength to get it right. So if i involved the body did i have more strength. Just to do it ONE FINAL TIME. 

Edited by Isthisreality

Thank you all for your comments and replies. I think that what Isthisreality describes is very close. What did You do to stop that from happening. It could be panic attack too because his breathing is shallow and fast. Thanks again. X

15 minutes ago, LennyB said:

Thank you all for your comments and replies. I think that what Isthisreality describes is very close. What did You do to stop that from happening. It could be panic attack too because his breathing is shallow and fast. Thanks again. X

I actually just treated it as OCD. I got the urge to count and get it right but i refused to do it. And it ended. And i got more typical themes. 

I find it worse than other compulsions (in a sense) because people think you are getting insane, and i it can look frightening to people around you. 

I really hope he can challenge it. AND i would recommend you to read about tic-OCD because professionals will probably don't know very much about it, if it is not an expert on OCD. 

Edit: It is really tricky, because it was not always that i was counting in my head. But it started with counting slowly and then it got more and more automated, so when it was this bad was it just that i got a inner picture of the things i needed to organize --> did the tics. But the counting was there in the background. I hope this can make sense in some way. Because when i started to have it did i have huge problems to explain it to other people. 

Edited by Isthisreality