I didn't make it back to work. I had an awful,  awful trigger in the early hours of the morning and got up in a state of panic and shock.

I will not let it beat me and will try again. 

By late morning I feel fine, I have thoughts but I manage them, sometimes I even feel positive. But I wake up in the early hours of the morning and the thoughts win. 

Does anyone have any suggestion how I can stop this happening please. 

My thoughts are realisation that I might have harmed people. 

(I have had sleeping tablets but not recommended for long term) 

Thanks guys ☀ 

Edited by ecomum

I have to continuously take sleeping tablets otherwise I wake up panicking all night. I was in a complete state about going back to work but I did it. My panic has now moved on to my husband going back to work but deep down I know I’m going to have to find a way to deal with it too.

I find having music on or the tv in the background gives me something to listen to which helps me if I wake up sometimes. 

X

Thanks Rox, yeah I think I need to be on the tablets a bit longer. I do put stuff on TV etc. 

I can get to sleep fine initially but then wake up in the night about 1 or 2 o'clock and then panic sets in. 

Thanks for replying

I have just written a reminder to myself similar to 'its just a thought' under the coaster on my nightstand. No one can see it, but if I get in a panic in the night I can turn it over ?