• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, helen10937 said:

Ok yeah I get it being ocd but why explain in detail about periods and I do not have a habit of making snide comments

Helen, OCD comes in many forms, we can’t pick and choose how it affects us. Sadly for Phili this is hers. We can’t help someone work through their problems if they don’t explain to us how it is affecting them and what compulsions etc they are doing. This is the exactly the same as any other OCD issues and it shouldn’t be treated any differently. 

why explain in detail 

Helen,

Don't you think about your own obsession in detail? Don't you go over and over the aspects that seem really important to you? :confused1:

I'm willing to bet you do.

Everybody with OCD focuses on unimportant, trivial details. Everybody has to learn that the details they think are crucial to whatever they're worrying about don't matter  - but it's a learning process and it takes time. 

Once a person understands the details of whatever topic they obsess over don't matter at all they are well on their way to understanding their OCD and recovery. Until then, we support them by explaining, gently reminding and encouraging.

I do not have a habit of making snide comments

Really? :unsure:

You don't think comments like 'Hmm...' and 'TMI' are snide? Because they are. They're hurtful and show a lack of empathy as well as poor understanding on how OCD works. :( 

If you don't understand how OCD works in general then start your own thread and ask questions. People will be happy to explain it and help you.

But when replying to other people's threads, if you can't say something useful, then please refrain from posting at all. Especially on threads where the topic upsets you personally. Just because something disgusts you doesn't make it disgusting. 

Now folks, enough of this. Back to helping Phili, please. :) 

9 hours ago, lostinme said:

Hi Phili, it’s great you’ve stopped googling :cheer:

How about when you go to the toilet you don’t look just wipe and go, you seem to be putting great importance on how much, the colour etc. This will only keep you going round in circles, your placing so much importance on it believing the OCD that there is something to fear. You feel compelled to look and examine and this is what is keeping you stuck 

Great advice from Lostie. :yes: 

How about it Phili? Ready to try this suggestion? :) 

Guest OCDhavenobrain
18 minutes ago, Phili said:

Because part of my OCD is to compulsively list symptoms and what's it got to do with you anyway? You don't have to read it. It was explained on the first page, yet you come back weeks later to repeat what you have already said and been explained. I don't know if this is a compulsion with you, if it is then you have my deepest sympathy and understanding, if not then this behaviour is totally counter productive. It is hard enough for people to open up about mental illness, it is highly damaging for them to be shamed in a place meant to be a safe harbour. 

You already know that it is wrong as you apologized last time, so why are you repeating it?

This is pretty fascinating in a way, because now you do see that it is OCD. Why not trying to keep that up?

1 minute ago, helen10937 said:

Yes I do have ocd why else would I be here. Possibly

If it triggered you don't be ashamed, we all get triggered by others posts. 

So, nearly a day has passed since you saw the pink in the toilet. Still alive Phili? 

Doesn't that reassure you that what you saw means nothing? All perfectly normal. No need to look. No need to worry. 

Next time, don't look at the pad or the toilet, and if you happen to catch a glimpse in passing (as often happens in normal life) then just shrug it off and remember this is normal, not a symptom you need to monitor. 

On 14/06/2018 at 20:36, snowbear said:

So, nearly a day has passed since you saw the pink in the toilet. Still alive Phili? 

Doesn't that reassure you that what you saw means nothing? All perfectly normal. No need to look. No need to worry. 

Next time, don't look at the pad or the toilet, and if you happen to catch a glimpse in passing (as often happens in normal life) then just shrug it off and remember this is normal, not a symptom you need to monitor. 

There is still brown and pin pricks of pink in my wee

I’m sorry, I don’t know what to do. Just now there was a little red, I thought I was bleeding to death. But there seems to be nothing around the vagina. It was only a tiny amount, I think it all came from this tiny piece of conjeled. I only see it when I go to the loo. I have thin skin so maybe, it is a bit sore down there.

3 hours ago, Phili said:

I’m sorry, I don’t know what to do. Just now there was a little red, I thought I was bleeding to death. But there seems to be nothing around the vagina. It was only a tiny amount, I think it all came from this tiny piece of conjeled. I only see it when I go to the loo. I have thin skin so maybe, it is a bit sore down there.

Philli, am I right in thinking you said u have polycystic ovaries? On learning this what did the doctor tell you the symptoms were? I mentioned before I have endometriosis, periods and gynaecology issues are the norm for me because I know what to expect from having this condition. Yes it can be scary to see symptoms before we know what’s worng, but once we have a diagnosis and know these things aren’t harmful we shouldn’t be giving them the time of day in our minds!x

8 hours ago, Phili said:

Phili, you've just gone straight back in there to describe details about a fear.  What did your therapist tell you to do?  Did she say it's best to carry out compulsions or (having explained that there wasn't a problem and this was an obsession) that you should look at your thought process, work on not responding to the urge because of the anxiety?  If you want this anxiety and doubt to improve you will have to put some work in to change how your respond when a fear strikes you.

I haven’t called the doctor yet. Last time I saw her she said my symptoms where most likely polycystic ovaries but I haven’t been tested, given my mental condition it is nearly impossible to do so.