A really weird OCD thing or not? Just wanting to know if anyone has experienced this.

Since my fear of developing schizophrenia, I keep getting this really odd thing and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'll be sitting in a room with someone else and I'll suddenly get a very vivid image of them saying something to me? Like I know they aren't,  but It'll be something so neutral like "are those headphones yours?" and It's SO vivid and very strange. Then I start to get scared I've hallucinated?

Like the other day my boyfriend was checking his emails and I had a very vivid image of him being like "oh ****" as if he had seen something concerning. I know he didn't say it but it's really weird and it's scaring me a lot.

Of course, when I searched it, the first things that came up were Hallucinations and Delusions and now I'm even more scared

Has anyone ever experienced this?

I can't stress this enough: stop searching. Stop Googling.

You're only making the situation worse with these checking compulsions. Do you feel better now that you've searched? Of course not.

Next time it happens think, "Yeah whatever," and then get on with your day. Practice, practice.

21 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

I can't stress this enough: stop searching. Stop Googling.

You're only making the situation worse with these checking compulsions. Do you feel better now that you've searched? Of course not.

Next time it happens think, "Yeah whatever," and then get on with your day. Practice, practice.

I know :( I literally want to cry it's such a waste of a day, it's beyond hard. Trying to get through some work now... It's like if I don't search it my brain is telling me that this is a symptom I cant ignore and need to know!!!! Once I'm done with uni work in 3 weeks my mum is locking away my laptop away thankfully, at least until I can fully stop myself. 

Edited by Spud2018

Spud. These are just normal intrusive thoughts, they can be images, words, feelings, I sometimes get pictures in my mind and other times it’s like I’m talking to myself in my mind with no images, it’s really just run of the mill OCD intrusions. I’m doing so well now, but I still get the thoughts, but now I ignore them, refuse to react, my quality of life is so much better than it was and I’m not afraid anymore. You can do it!xx

Thank you so much Wonderer, I think it's because my intrusive thoughts have always been about one of my themes but because they're being so mundane and neutral I was like: wait is this an intrusive thought or am I having the beggings of hallucinations? Another OCD trick I guess.. so evil! Thank you for the encouragement xx