Perceptual bias or something to worry about?

My contamination OCD means that I see vomit everywhere outside of the house (e.g. on pavements, floors etc.). 

I'm mostly housebound so I don't have to worry about this all of the time but my Dad sometimes wears his shoes in the house and might bring things in on his shoes.

This morning my dog picked up something and I went to check and scooped it out of her mouth (she sometimes swallows silly things). It was gloopy in texture and cream-yellowy coloured and I'm worried that it might have been vomit. I stupidly just washed it off in the sink rather than wiping it away and then washing my hands and now there's some stuff in the sink. I'm worried that I might get sick if the substance was vomit as it might be norovirus-vomit. 

Would any 'normal' person worry about this? Or is it just OCD? I guess I'll know if I get sick in 2-3 days!

You keep posting scenarios and asking if it's OCD or not. So far the record is 100% OCD. So what does that tell you?

You have to start figuring these things out on your own. Intrusive thoughts - distress - compulsions.

No one else would have even thought vomit in the first place. As you said you see it everywhere, which is simply not true. It's not everywhere. 

But let's just say that it was vomit with norovirus. What exactly can you do about it? Absolutely nothing. There is nothing you can do. So leave it alone.

2 hours ago, PolarBear said:

You keep posting scenarios and asking if it's OCD or not. So far the record is 100% OCD. So what does that tell you?

You have to start figuring these things out on your own. Intrusive thoughts - distress - compulsions.

No one else would have even thought vomit in the first place. As you said you see it everywhere, which is simply not true. It's not everywhere. 

But let's just say that it was vomit with norovirus. What exactly can you do about it? Absolutely nothing. There is nothing you can do. So leave it alone.

Yes I guess you're right.

With regards to the 'What exactly can you do about it?'; I guess that if I was really sure it was Norovirus I would bleach/clean everything in sight!

7 minutes ago, BelAnna said:

Yes I guess you're right.

With regards to the 'What exactly can you do about it?'; I guess that if I was really sure it was Norovirus I would bleach/clean everything in sight!

You don't need to figure out if there is norovirus. 

30 minutes ago, BelAnna said:

I guess that if I was really sure it was Norovirus I would bleach/clean everything in sight!

Hi BelAnna, 

Are you having any cognitive therapy to address your perceptions of norvovirus and your fear of vomiting?