Quick question....

So I was reading a news article and the story was about a dad harming his child, stupid to read it I know considering my triggers and thoughts are around harm!

It is a compulsion I have got to break, I realise that, but aside from that, when I read it, it mentioned that the dad had pinched the child constantly and then all my mind kept thinking was to go and pinch my daughter! Is that a normal to then think that and is that part of my OCD playing with my head, or something I should be worried about? 

On a side not, I am going to avoid reading the news from now on as it really triggers off my OCD.

On 01/05/2018 at 14:58, PolarBear said:

Do you think everyone else who reads that article would worry that they are going to pinch their kids?

Probably not to be fair, so I can see where the OCD is coming into place with that. It is just a vicious circle for me, because as soon as I learn to tackle one intrusive thought another comes back round. I’d been doing okay and not over panicking as much during bedtimes but now, the whole thoughts of me abusing her in my sleep has become worse again. Any slight change and that’s it I’m convinced I have done something in my sleep, like earlier she had fallen sleeps in my bed and I had drifted off next to her when I woke I noticed her T shirt was up and that was it, my brain immediately started putting in the thoughts that I had done something. Chances are I probably haven’t, but because I can never really know that’s what makes it harder for me to just be like yes that’s another thought and leave it as that, if that makes sense ? 

I have noticed when I’m going through a rough patch, or having an extremely low day and my anxiety and depression is really apparent that is when the thoughts are there more and I have to admit and I feel like at times I don’t have the energy to just brush them off and instead always believe them.