pregnant and POCD

Hello everyone, 

It has been a while since I have posted here but I could really use some support.
I have been dealing with pure ocd (pedophile theme) for more than 10 years now and I keep getting relapses.
What makes things worse now is that I just found out I'm pregnant.
Me and my boyfriend have been trying for a baby for some months but just before I found out, I had a relapse again.
I feel so bad at the moment and don't know how to deal with this. Although I have been diagnosed with OCD, my worst fear remains this is not ocd at all.
I tried to contact my psychologist but apparently she is on sick leave till at least after summer.
Has anybody else been through the same situation? Was there anyting that helped? 

Nicki

Hi Nikki first of all congrats on your pregnancy :) I was in a similar situation, I wasn’t as bad   at the time with OCD but I had thoughts pop up which worried me. The only advice I can give to you is to follow through with techniques you’ve been given, what do you know about OCD how it works and how to deal with it? Also being afraid it’s not OCD is an intrusive thought as well which you have to deal with the same way as other thoughts. There are numbers to call such as CATTS or perhaps you could ask for some one temperoray xxx

6 hours ago, Nicki said:

I tried to contact my psychologist but apparently she is on sick leave till at least after summer.

Congrats Nicki, 

I hope you get to enjoy your pregnancy without the OCD causing upset.   Forgive this slightly blunt suggestion, but if you have been struggling for 10-years and keep relapsing then maybe it's a good thing your therapist is away. Maybe it's time for a new approach anyway.  In my experience where relapses occur, that usually suggests a failure to correctly address the obsessive thinking (i.e. Cognitive aspect of CBT).  Often I find that people are also engaging in compulsions without even realising, which keeps the OCD alive, so it's worth reviewing if that is what you are doing (subconsciously), it's also why I hate the Pure O term because it leads people to forgetting they may be engaging in compulsions.

So my advice would be to consider trying to find an alternative therapist (CBT), even if you just give them 4 or 5 sessions to see how you get on.

Whatever you decide, good luck Nicki :)