OCD revolving around good things happening

Hello all. Anyone ever had/have any advice for OCD where intrusive thoughts and feelings revolve around good things happening? Such as having a thought about the devil and the devil causing something good to happen in the OCD sufferer's life? Like something in life happening, such as wealth or success, because the devil made it happen, which was caused by a thought of the devil and/or a thought of wanting the help to make the good thing happen? Because I do have these kinds of thoughts all of the time, all day everyday. And it is just extremely torturous.

I don’t have anything similar to that but I used to have intrusive thoughts about the devil/god etc. Are you a believer? I suppose it doesn’t matter you have to deal with these in the same way all OCD has to be dealt with which is accepting the thoughts are there and resisting the compulsion xxx

OCD can revolve around literally any topic - if it's something that matters to you then OCD will find a way to wheedle in there! :( And the way to deal with it is the same as any other kind of OCD thought.  Sorry I haven't read any of your other posts so not sure what your story is, but do you have a therapist? Or have you read any books about OCD? If not then that might be a good place to start x

That's always the thing, I'm not really much of a religious person at all. But for some reason this stuff just clogs up my brain every day. Thanks for some of the tips. I've been looking into books on the subject a lot lately actually, any suggestions?

Just now, Bringus said:

That's always the thing, I'm not really much of a religious person at all. But for some reason this stuff just clogs up my brain every day. Thanks for some of the tips. I've been looking into books on the subject a lot lately actually, any suggestions?

Some books I really like are:

• Break free from OCD (Paul Salkovskis)
  • Pulling the Trigger (Adam Shaw)
  • Overcoming Unwanted Intrusive Thought (Sally M Winston)

They all helped me in different ways to understand how OCD works.  Don't fall into the trap though of thinking "I have to find my particular brand of OCD in this book or it means I'm not suffering from OCD" (which is something I initially worried about).  There are so many different themes OCD can follow and one book can't cover them all.  What matters is the obsessive-compulsive pattern, not the content of the thoughts.