My life has been a mess lately, I haven't been going out just being in bed all day. Yesterday I had an appointment with my therapist, she suggested me going to the hospital for a therapeutic admission. I don't know what to do because I certainly not feel well and I don't know if I'll feel better being there... Has anyone of you been hospitalized because of OCD and if so, how did it go? 

Not me personally, but I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. When I came back to this forum, my head was also in a mess, however over the last few days I've stopped ruminating. I've done this by engaging in 'real life' and although sometimes it's taken a herculean effort, I've done it and the OCD has backed off. That's the key Lily. 

16 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Not me personally, but I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. When I came back to this forum, my head was also in a mess, however over the last few days I've stopped ruminating. I've done this by engaging in 'real life' and although sometimes it's taken a herculean effort, I've done it and the OCD has backed off. That's the key Lily. 

Yes I get your point because I started feeling better the moment I put my feet on the street, the problem is that it takes me ages to do so... Thank you for your response, Atlantis 

It's going to take you to do it Lily.  You get out of bed and engage in things, that's when you feel better.  Staying in bed thinking or avoiding the world is guaranteed to make you feel worse.

Hospital will only help if they have therapists trained in OCD who will provide structured, daily therapy.  Simply being there won't really help.

16 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

It's going to take you to do it Lily.  You get out of bed and engage in things, that's when you feel better.  Staying in bed thinking or avoiding the world is guaranteed to make you feel worse.

Hospital will only help if they have therapists trained in OCD who will provide structured, daily therapy.  Simply being there won't really help.

You're right and I have seen it with my own eyes, I've been off bed since this morning and I feel much much better. I have decided not to go to hospital because I don't see myself getting better there as they don't likely have trained OCD therapists. Thanks for your reply! 

Although there's no doubt that having an experienced therapist to help you is a distinct advantage, never underestimate how powerful your own initiative and willingness to face these fears is.

Not one of your obsessions has any validity Lily, they are just that, obsessive fears.  You have to learn to a) accept that and b) learn to work through that anxiety without using compulsions in order to get rid of the feelings.

Can you talk to anyone about this and get support and encouragement from friends and family? People phoning you up, texting and meeting up with you can make all the difference. Better than being in hospital unless absolutely desperate.