Welcome to @Sue who joined team OCD-UK yesterday as our new Children and Young People's Lead and is already preparing to launch two brand new projects aimed at young people with OCD later in May!  Two projects made possible through grants from Children in Need and Awards for All.

I have also rather cheekily signed her and her partner up to the Ride 100 charity cycle ride in July.

IMG_0001.jpg

This work should be so helpful. For many sufferers, OCD starts in childhood and can build like layers on an onion if unchecked. 

Mine started when I was about 7, and I just didn't know what it was, and I never felt comfortable in admitting to my problems until I was 50 and was diagnosed :(

Hi Everyone! Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement. I agree with your comments that this work is really important, helpful and necessary.  My OCD began in childhood and I thought I was the only person in the world who felt the need to do the things I did and think the things I thought. I hope that the projects we at OCD-UK are about to undertake will help children and young people to feel supported and empowered.

Guest OCDhavenobrain
11 minutes ago, Sue said:

agement. I agree with your comments that this work is really important, helpful and necessary.  My OCD began in childhood and I thought I was the only person in the world who felt the need to do the things I did and think the things I thought. I hope that the projects we at OCD-UK are about to undertake will help children and young people to feel supported and empowered.

It would be a great thing if more children with OCD could be informed about what they have, it is a sad situation when a kid have it and thinks he/she is responsible. It is one thing to have it as a adult but when you are a children do you oftentimes lack the knowledge. 

I have changed pretty much lately when it comes to awareness, i guess i thought people and especially people who are supposed to be experts had more knowledge than they actually do. I draw that conclusion from my own situation and reading and hearing about others stories. 

Thank you and good luck

Edited by OCDhavenobrain