Re- voluntary work

22 minutes ago, lostinme said:

Thank you all so much, for all your help and advice :) it really is much appreciated :yes:

I followed my heart and Ive applied for the position, so all I can do now is wait on a reply :) I will keep you all up to date on how things are progressing :yes: fingers crossed all goes well :) x

Good luck Lost! I'll keep everything crossed for you :)

Thank you Roy! 

Im feeling excited ? but apprehensive ? at the same time :yes: and I’ve only applied for it so far.

Dont worry, I will be cautious, if it’s not right for me then I won’t take it, not that I’ve been offered it yet :lol: 

Ah well done Lost and wish you the best of luck! :)

I volunteered in a charity shop for a while a couple of years ago now. I only did a few hours a week, but it really helped me as I had bad health anxiety at the time, and I needed a distraction, plus it did wonders for my confidence too, as I hadn’t been back in a work place in years. 

Do keep us posted on how you get on! Xx

7 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Ah well done Lost and wish you the best of luck! :)

I volunteered in a charity shop for a while a couple of years ago now. I only did a few hours a week, but it really helped me as I had bad health anxiety at the time, and I needed a distraction, plus it did wonders for my confidence too, as I hadn’t been back in a work place in years. 

Do keep us posted on how you get on! Xx

Thank you so much dragonfly for your well wishes :) 

I might not get the position yet, but it’s a step in a positive direction, so fingers crossed ? xx

Well done for applying Lost, as you say its a step in the right direction, if you get the position great! if not don't worry you have got experience of filling in application forms and hopefully an interview, its all good experience, it can be an exciting process. 

I am sure you will give a good account of yourself whatever happens. Take it gently - don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Good Luck. Keep us posted :)

Thank you so much for your good luck wishes :) im waiting to here back from them at the moment, if I’m in with a chance that’s great ? but if not, I’m sure there will be other opportunities come my way :yes: The most important thing is I’ve taken the first step :yes:

Will keep you all posted x 

17 minutes ago, lostinme said:

Thank you so much for your good luck wishes :) im waiting to here back from them at the moment, if I’m in with a chance that’s great ? but if not, I’m sure there will be other opportunities come my way :yes: The most important thing is I’ve taken the first step :yes:

Will keep you all posted x 

Exactly right! There will always be something out there for you! Very proud of you for taking the first step! Looking forward to hearing how it all goes xxx

2 hours ago, Wonderer said:

Exactly right! There will always be something out there for you! Very proud of you for taking the first step! Looking forward to hearing how it all goes xxx

Thank you so much wonderer, who would have ever thought I could ever get to this stage again, two years ago never, what a difference :) xx

2 hours ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

Go Lostie! You should be very proud of yourself indeed! xx

I can hardly believe the change in me, who would have ever thought it! xx 

1 hour ago, taurean said:

:fool::king:   :balloon: well done lost :rolleyes:

It’s amazing ? how good it makes you feel with all the kind words, well wishes and encouragement, it gives you that sense of pride and achievement that helps you to keep believing in yourself and that anything is achievable once you set your mind to it. That’s what makes this forum a special place to be a part of :yes: