Feeling really anxious

Hi everyone... so iv been doing SO well until I went out last night had a drink and bumped into my friend and her little girl in the pub I had my dog so the little girl was around me all the time stroking the dog etc. Anyway I'm very cautious around children if they like sit on my knee/slide down my leg if their genitals touch my or I swipe past them I really worry. Anyway because I can't remember saying goodbye I feel like what if I have said bye hugged her I'm the wrong way or did something inappropriate and can't remember I'm so scared my anxiety is through the roof because of the drinking and I haven't taken my anti-depressants for a few days also as I ran out so it's 100x worse and I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack which I haven't done for years 

So what is different this time when it comes to the OCD? 

You should not stop taking your antidepressant just like that, i don't know what dose you took and for how long but withdrawls from SSRI happens to some people and for some it is really bad. Why did you just stop taking them?

Edited by Isthisreality
  • Ashley changed the title to Feeling really anxious

I have been there myself, buying new pills was not the most fun thing. But the withdrawls can really be bad for some people and you shouln't just stop it no matter how sensitive you are to the withdrawls. 

Take the pills and make a long-term plan if you want to stop taking them, i think you know what to do when it comes to the flare-up. Nothing new have happened which force you to engage. And you know where it end if you go down that path.

Edited by Isthisreality

Anti-depressant pills issue aside, take a breather and realize you did nothing inappropriate or wrong.  You went to a pub with your dog, had a drink, the little girl played with the dog and you left, that's all, that's it, and nothing more.  

You need to realize those what if questions are obsessions. They can be ignored. Sitting there trying to remember if you did something wrong is a compulsion and will only make things worse.