The ridiculousness of OCD

Hi, I’m going to use this as a quick journal entry in hopes it helps someone else. I am trying hard with therapy and tools, but finding small slips here and there. I feel like I’m just doing that last bit over the hill. Some ridiculous things I’ve noted -

1. I could be staring at something and not believe it. I did a compulsion and looked up what I was doing on a particular day. There was a FB post and bank statements. I still didn’t believe it. Still found ways to think I was wrong.

2. Convinced myself for a day I went to a state I’ve never been to. Hilarious. 

3. Thinking compulsions would solve my problems. They’re like roaches - they multiply. After I would do a compulsion I’d try to convince myself that was the last one. It never was, no matter how much I tried to trick my brain that it was “no big deal to just do a few.”

What I’m trying to say is, don’t do the compulsions - you’ll always wish you didn’t. I’ve never done a compulsion and have been glad I did. Food for thought.

Edited by californiadreaming

When i was 12 years old i was convinced that i shot and murdered a person....yeah... with a gun....We dont have guns where i live.....

Its insane..... 

Sometimes i make REALLY sure that i closed the doors..... but when i got into the elevator i can see the door open and i have to return... then i find out the they are closed...