gingerbreadgirl

What have you done today to challenge your OCD?

Got triggered today. A homeless guy stood at a busstation and tried to pee i guess. I think it was the same guy as last time. It is 200 meters from the hospital. My thinking goes something like exposing is trauma in a sense. So i was going back and he was leaning forwards. 

20 min later . I cant remember my accountlogins to anpther forum. But i will go home and ask if it is trauma. I mean on the forum. Now i habe to go home.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

Sorry it is kinda spamming a thread I am making a own instead. 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

I am overall doing good. The thing is that i am not thinking about OCD as much as i used to. 
However i start to feel the stress from the last month. And i get this feeling that my OCD offers me to "be there" i mean i have been with OCD for so long and like many others here says, we have done a lot of compulsions, now if one is to stopp doing it we also have to face that what we are good at is of no use any longer. I mean we are all good at doing compulsions but it is useless. 

What I mean is that i mean we are all used to doing compulsions it is pretty scary to think of a life without them, atleast I think. Does this make any sense to anyone? 

I think i am going to watch movies or something. 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

41 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

What I mean is that i mean we are all used to doing compulsions it is pretty scary to think of a life without them, atleast I think. Does this make sense to anyone?

Yes it does, it's a common experience. 

The way forward is to work on replacing the compulsions (worthless activities)  with useful enjoyable worthwhile activities. 

Time to rediscover hobbies, friends, do things together, maybe join a club or society - build back any lost social life. 

OCD likes a vacuum and will slink back in, so don't give it one :)

Just now, taurean said:

Yes it does, it's a common experience. 

The way forward is to work on replacing the compulsions (worthless activities)  with useful enjoyable worthwhile activities. 

Time to rediscover hobbies, friends, do things together, maybe join a club or society - build back any lost social life. 

OCD likes a vacuum and will slink back in, so don't give it one :)

Thank you, scary is the right word. :(  I also like to argue with myself so I will have to watch myself so it doesn't get obsessive. 
But the main problem is that it seems scary. All those obsessions have been there for so long. And I hate to say it but we are all good at doing them, they are so automated and they take up a lot of our concentration, so it feels like we are doing something, we are doing something, but it is destructive. 

WELL WELL have to accept it and move on. 

I have been there I know. 

I threw myself into reading writing going down the gym cooking housework gardening (the latter three very much pleasing my wife :)). 

Beside me getting a strange thought when i feelt that my hair was kinda sticky in a place I have done good today. The thought was about a guy in a queue in the store which i thought got very close than did he go to the left so what if he did something in between. perfect cover up to go to the left afterwards. 

I don't know about you guys but it will be ok with me when the temperatures drop. As long as it isn't under 0 degrees.

It's been raining here today and the temperature feels cool. 

It's so much easier to tackle things without the stress of heat, and we slept well last night, which also helps. 

I woke up and I get those thoughts about what if it was something in my hair. I have earplugs of wax which makes my hair as sticky sometimes, a dark side of me thinks that mailing the store is the solution I mean the have videocamersas and everything. It never went into axnietymode yesterday, it was on the borderline so to speak. Hope I can let it stay there today. 

Wonder where Gingerbread is, hope she is doing OK.

Gingerbreadgirl said she was simply taking a break from the forums :)

So i went outside today. Eased it. 

2 months ago here was young kids running around here and knocking on doors and stuff, haven't been here but today the come again. So it get me kinda triggered.