What have you done today to challenge your OCD?

31 minutes ago, Andrewc said:

thanks and yeh I Chose to do my 13k but right in the last kilometre, my knees felt really knobbly and I looked and they are actually quite swollen. fortunately though I'm seeing the gp tomorrow anyway, so hopefully she can fix them! awww tomb raider sounds fun. I used to play games but can't really find the time nowadays. but ill enjoy corrie for sure! do u like that? 

ah knees are the worst, and hips, mine have given me problems running for years now. I tend to take the "ignore it and the pain will go away" approach - doesn't work very well :D hope it goes well at the GP!

no I don't watch Corrie although I did when I was a kid!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

My friend and I came to the conclusion today that what goes on with the customers in your common or garden pub is just as amazing as the storylines in the soaps :;

Edited by taurean
11 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

ah knees are the worst, and hips, mine have given me problems running for years now. I tend to take the "ignore it and the pain will go away" approach - doesn't work very well :D hope it goes well at the GP!

Nice. There's no pain . They just look swollen and it's comfortable.  I run everyday a lot so I'm bound to pick up some injuries with muscle growth. 

Anyway have a nice evening. And wish u a good rest. Hopefully wake tomorrow (And me!) Feeling right as rain! All the best

12 hours ago, Andrewc said:

Nice. There's no pain . They just look swollen and it's comfortable.  I run everyday a lot so I'm bound to pick up some injuries with muscle growth. 

Anyway have a nice evening. And wish u a good rest. Hopefully wake tomorrow (And me!) Feeling right as rain! All the best

12 hours ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

heyyy..

How do you feel today? Sleep good? I slept ok-ish. Took a sleeping tablet to aid me.

Heading to the gymbo today? Im giving running at least a couple of days break now..heading to gp soon.

Can I ask you your name?

Andrew

4 hours ago, Andrewc said:

heyyy..

How do you feel today? Sleep good? I slept ok-ish. Took a sleeping tablet to aid me.

Heading to the gymbo today? Im giving running at least a couple of days break now..heading to gp soon.

Can I ask you your name?

Andrew

I'm OK thanks, feeling better after a sleep :) Not going to the gym today but heading for a run tomorrow.

How are you doing? :) 

2 hours ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

I'm OK thanks, feeling better after a sleep :) Not going to the gym today but heading for a run tomorrow.

nice 1! a run, fantastic. I needed to do some job hunting stuff online today which I did. also had to speak to someone on the phone. then I went for a walk around the park then had lunch then had a short nap which was kinda fun. I feel better now 2, wonders of sleep. u heading out today? btw can u get tomb raider on MacBook Air? what are some good games for air? thanku . Andrew

Today I've challenged my OCD by really trying to double down on the ruminating.  I have a big project on at work which is taking up a lot of attention, which helps in some ways (distraction) but not in others (increased general anxiety) - swings and roundabouts! I've had quite a lot of caffeine which can sometimes make my anxiety worse but I've tried hard not to buy into the thoughts and let them just float on past.  My OH is out tonight so got the evening to myself - this can sometimes pose a bit of a danger zone so I'm going to try and keep busy tonight.  I think I can claim the PlayStation is therapy, right?!! :D

And of course till there were software issues we had a forum games arcade :)

I gather Serena Williams has now risen up to be a superhero, playing in a black catsuit at the French open tennis championships :biggrin:

Ah it's a sign of me reading so much news nowadays (( which I was struggled with before). 

She was wearing the catsuit as it creates pressure points to ease the risk of the blood clots she has suffered in the last year. 

And she said the suit made her feel empowered like a superhero. 

19 hours ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

Hey,

How do you feel today? Excited for the gym ?

I've just confirmed my security shift for tomorrow, which is something I do weekly somewhere. Really enjoy it, gives me some time to just stand outside and contemplate for an hour. Also engage with people walking past. And it's voluntary so feel very good about it.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I was worrying and was riding home.. so from nowhere do there come a cyclist on a racer on my right. So now am i worrying if i will get whiplash. It was totally her fault and i was kind. Asked her if she got hurted and she said a little and rubbed her neck. But i honestly dont worry about her to much because it was her fault.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
1 hour ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

I was worrying and was riding home.. so from nowhere do there come a cyclist on a racer on my right. So now am i worrying if i will get whiplash. It was totally her fault and i was kind. Asked her if she got hurted and she said a little and rubbed her neck. But i honestly dont worry about her to much because it was her fault.

sorry to hear this happened OCDHavenobrain.

So what did you do to challenge your anxiety?

Guest OCDhavenobrain

So i will try not to ruminate if i get whiplash i do. but i am also ruminating about the flasher. Well i will try my best not to. 

Funny thing is that i always get injured when i am riding my citybike, never when i am out on my racer. Pretty funny. But this was not my fault, sure i could have gone slower and i wasn't watching like i use to but she just came out in full speed. 

o        -----------------------------

|        bushes

|

|

|

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
Guest OCDhavenobrain
8 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

sorry to hear this happened OCDHavenobrain.

So what did you do to challenge your anxiety?

I know right. Well i kinda know why those thoughts is comming up, i have been washing my hands less and i don't care about some of my contaminationcompulsions, so well, but it is still hard you know. Well i know you know. 

No worrying about PTSD and whiplash now. 

I am both destroyed and traumatized who cares

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

I have noticed a definite improvement in my mood and quality of life in general - although things are up and down still, the general trend is up.  When I compare now to say last Christmas, there is absolutely no comparison, I feel so much better.

I have been doing a lot of exposure to try and nip in the bud the latest cleaning/contamination thing I have going on (which is really a part of my bigger obsession about being a bad person.)  I have also been trying to live as I would have done before this relapse, no matter how uncomfortable it makes me feel. 

I have also been taking on board a lot of the advice from many on this forum around how I think of myself, how I think about others, how I view morality, my black and white thinking, and so on. 

Feel generally hopeful :)

Guest OCDhavenobrain
1 hour ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

I have noticed a definite improvement in my mood and quality of life in general - although things are up and down still, the general trend is up.  When I compare now to say last Christmas, there is absolutely no comparison, I feel so much better.

I have been doing a lot of exposure to try and nip in the bud the latest cleaning/contamination thing I have going on (which is really a part of my bigger obsession about being a bad person.)  I have also been trying to live as I would have done before this relapse, no matter how uncomfortable it makes me feel. 

I have also been taking on board a lot of the advice from many on this forum around how I think of myself, how I think about others, how I view morality, my black and white thinking, and so on. 

Feel generally hopeful :)

I feel exactly the same. This winter was hell, it is much better now. I really want to see what life is without OCD.

Just keep going

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

After something I class that could have put me on a major setback( in fact two years ago it would have done) I’m pleased to say that through doing CBT I can now see it for what it was. At first I went into sheer shock, dread and over catastrophised the whole situation, but within hours and the help of a great therapist I have managed to see it for what it is :yes:

Im still working hard and pushing through my homework and even over stepping some new boundaries, I’ve been out twice now without having to have a shower first, once to the doctors and once down the street and I’m feeling good about it. This is usually a no go zone, so feeling really pleased with myself today especially with what occurred the other day and still feeling quite ill ? :cheer:

6 minutes ago, lostinme said:

After something I class that could have put me on a major setback( in fact two years ago it would have done) I’m pleased to say that through doing CBT I can now see it for what it was. At first I went into sheer shock, dread and over catastrophised the whole situation, but within hours and the help of a great therapist I have managed to see it for what it is :yes:

Im still working hard and pushing through my homework and even over stepping some new boundaries, I’ve been out twice now without having to have a shower first, once to the doctors and once down the street and I’m feeling good about it. This is usually a no go zone, so feeling really pleased with myself today especially with what occurred the other day and still feeling quite ill ? :cheer:

This is fantastic Lost! You are making so much progress! You should be really proud of yourself! To celebrate I'm going to do a you and get my cheerleading outfit on :cheer::D xx

On 31/05/2018 at 08:19, Andrewc said:

Hey,

How do you feel today? Excited for the gym ?

I've just confirmed my security shift for tomorrow, which is something I do weekly somewhere. Really enjoy it, gives me some time to just stand outside and contemplate for an hour. Also engage with people walking past. And it's voluntary so feel very good about it.

Sorry I missed this! I am doing OK, thank you.  Went to the gym this morning and did a big session and now feel a little unsettled and angsty (as I often do after exercise, weirdly enough) but trying to just leave it alone and let it float on past.  How did your security shift go? Hope you're OK :)

10 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

This is fantastic Lost! You are making so much progress! You should be really proud of yourself! To celebrate I'm going to do a you and get my cheerleading outfit on :cheer::D xx

Thank you gbg, that means a lot :yes: I am really pleased with myself :yes:

You have to wear it all day though :D xx