I hope this is an OCD thought?

Hi,

One aspect of my 'responsibility' themed OCD is worrying about my lovely little two year-old dog. My dog has been unwell with a stomach upset for 8 days (with some blood involved) and is going to be seen by the Vet today. I keep getting a persistent thoughts that she is going to die and thinking that God/something is telling me (I don't hear a voice or anything) that she will. I had a similar thoughts the week that my cat died 18 months ago and I'm scared that that means she will die too. 

I think this sounds more like OCD than anything else? I'm not particularly religious but my family are, so sometimes I worry that thoughts are from God or something rather than just OCD thoughts! 

All thoughts are unimportant. They are a sign of nothing, how we react to them is the OCD part. In other words lots of people will have thoughts like this when their pet is unwell, but the difference here is you think it's a sign of something, it isn't. 

The thoughts you had last time about your cat can be explained by you having OCD last time. I'm sure you love your pets dearly and like last time, thoughts about harm coming to them will be very important for you to be aware of. 

Dismiss these thoughts as thoughts because you care so much and driven by the worry problem that is OCD :)