Who wants to change?

We wanted to move house - downsize, move to the Midlands, get a one-floor property, preferably a bungalow, and in a nice area with good infrastructure and bus routes and close to a big hospital. 

As the one with the negotiating, computer and driving skills, I needed to take a lead role in the project. 

I could have tried to do this - but there were so many challenges to be met that it would have been easy to fail. 

But I have no time for failure, I believe in success whatever the odds, and look to achieve success unless it simply doesn't prove possible. 

The challenges I went through, with great support from my wife, to achieve our goals as above were massive - but with each reverse I committed to finding a way round it. 

Human beings can achieve the most amazing things if we commit to doing so, whatever the challenge. 

When it comes to OCD many of us, using the principles learned from therapy, self-help and this charity and its forums, have found the tools that, used in conjunction with an absolute commitment to succeed, have led to success. 

Doing nothing is no option. Trying shows intent but also weakness and vulnerability. 

Commitment is the true path towards success. 

Edited by taurean
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest OCDhavenobrain
33 minutes ago, bruces said:

The strange thing is I had everything on a plate for a great future and literally threw it away,litte wonder it's anxiety producing 

That time is gone, too late. Gone. Now, what are you going to do about the time you have left? I tell you this, you will sit there in 10 years and ask you the same question about why you didn't do anything right now. 

7 minutes ago, bruces said:

But how do people live with the guilt? 

They don't Bruce. They change their thinking and behaviour and get over the guilt, leave it behind and move forward without it. 

They don't. They stop destroying their present for something they should, and do, consign to the past. 

They learn to apply some self-love, self-belief, and start living in the present, not ruining it over something that happened in the past. 

You can if you work hard to put it into practise. 

It won’t happen just like that. We have to work at gradually changing our thinking and behaviours, but it is so massively worthwhile. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I am afraid you are looking for an "ok" like in proving the OCD wrong. It already is ok, it is just that your OCD make you worry about something you think about. But yea it will take hard work. 

To overcome OCD you need to hit with force. At the current moment you have made yourself to a victim of OCD, even if  you get a burst of motivation in the moment OCD will slap you back down.