Not been on forum for a while I think I’m getting better

It’s a been a few months since Iv been on the forum but I finally feel like I understand the way ocd works and it’s traps. I am determined ocd is not going to win this time, however I know and accept that I may have this condition for life I am learning to manage it better through cbt and it’s has been very hard work on my half, my need to know things with ocd and trying to get answers has been horrific to say the least and I haven’t googled or asked reassurance for a few months now and don’t feel i need to do this as much as I once did. There is nothing we can be certain of in life and we can’t possibly find out the answer to everything our mind conjures up, and also it’s not important to know everything. It has been excruciatingly painful to try and accept uncertainty but this is the only way forward I have found. Every day is a battle and sometimes an uphill struggle but the fight continues and I hope my little ray of hope stays with me for the future. ?

You are doing great Donna, really good. 

Don't connect or give meaning to it, resist the urge to carry out compulsions, don't avoid things and work your ERP. 

OCD intrusions lose power and frequency when they don't receive attention :yes:

Roy :thumbup: