Why is anxiety horrible.

Guest brian36

Guest brian36

Hi. The anxiety when it hits you it is horrible like we no, but i seem to monitor a lot in how i,m feeling 24/7 always seems and is worse when i,m at work constantly monitoring how i am. Like scanning my body. Always feels worse when it’s in the stomach not do much of the racing heart beat. That feeling of you think somethings going to happen. Like now as i,m writing this i feel lethargic been at work this morning. I no i need to do something and i will to snap out of it. My point is why does it feel like **** then the next you feel good. What is the difference of the sensations. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, brian36 said:

Hi. The anxiety when it hits you it is horrible like we no, but i seem to monitor a lot in how i,m feeling 24/7 always seems and is worse when i,m at work constantly monitoring how i am. Like scanning my body. Always feels worse when it’s in the stomach not do much of the racing heart beat. That feeling of you think somethings going to happen. Like now as i,m writing this i feel lethargic been at work this morning. I no i need to do something and i will to snap out of it. My point is why does it feel like **** then the next you feel good. What is the difference of the sensations. Thanks. 

Hello! I've experienced exactly the same thing! Constantly monitoring how I feel, what I'm feeling, why I feel that way, is it better? Is it worse... the best thing is to abandon the questions... you don't need to answer them and just work on mindfulness and keeping your body and mind calm by being kind to yourself! :)

15 hours ago, brian36 said:

mindfulness what is that. Is it controlled breathing etc. Meditation 

Mindfulness is the practice of non-judgemental awareness. The mind is conditioned to allow for greater equanimity towards thoughts. No one thought is accorded more significance over the other. You allow thoughts, intrusive or otherwise to come and go, noting them but not engaging with them while you remain focused on your day to day activities.

Learning to meditate is not necessary but it is helpful in the development of mindfulness. Meditation especially mindfulness of breath meditation is especially useful in setting the foundation. Once you are able to be mindful of your breath,  you can easily apply that mindfulness to day to day tasks. This prevents the mind from being sucked into mental compulsions, such as questioning i.e "what if", rumination, nit-picking of memories and at the same time reducing and removing the significance and meaning you used to accord these intrusive thoughts. That will also be the case for worry and guilt since those emotions usually follow such thoughts.

Edited by St Mike
Guest brian36

Thanks so much i will take note at work tonight as my anxiety is worst there. Will see how the breathing goes and just let the fears come and go. 

Guest brian36

Polar bear ye it’s annoying monitoring 24/7 can be very draining. Then i can catch myself when on my own just chilling no monitoring just feeling ok.