OCD worse in spring.

Hi

I may be in the minority in disliking light nights, when it is not dark until almost 10pm in May and early June. If we have murky days in spring, it can be very long and gloomy until about 9-10pm at night. One comfort is by mid June I know 21st June is coming up shortly and the nights start getting darker again. I like it when it is dark by about 6pm or earlier in the late autumn and winter. It feels more peaceful. I think really light nights are not good for my OCD and I find spring is the worst time of the year for me. I dont mind July and August as much as Summer Solstice has gone, and the nights are starting to get a bit darker again.

Also mum is going away for a few days and I have the house to myself for a few days. I never do afternoon naps (unless I am really ill with flu, or had minor surgery etc). Afternoon naps make me feel groggy for the rest of the day and once I wake up in the morning, I like to be up until that night when I go to bed. I am getting unwanted thoughts about going to bed in the afternoon for a nap, thus feeling groggy for the evening, but with OCD what I need to do is let the thought be there, but pay it no attention and not give in to the thoughts. I have relatives on call if I need anything.

Ben