I think I need to rewash all my laundry

I have a fungal infection all over my body-- feet, armpits, groin, and face  (I had thought it was just dry skin so I never took care of it when I should have).  I have just learned that normal water temperatures and detergent will not kill the fungus.  Every source I've read says to use HOT water.  

I have no way of knowing which clothes I've worn since the infection started, so I'll have to put them all in.

What about things that my clothes have touched? Like chairs, couches, or even the dryer itself? What about the hand towels I've washed and used to dry my hands? Potentially everything I own could now be infected.  What should I do?

Should I wait until the infection is almost over to rewash all my clothes?

The thought that my underwear/socks drawer has clothes with fungus in it is a bit much for me to take. 

The first thing you're going to do is STOP researching fungal infections on the Internet. Stop it! It's a compulsion and only making your situation worse.

Did your doctor give you specific instructions to wash all your clothes in hot water and wash everything else in your home? No? Then don't do it. 

Leave it alone. You're falling for OCD nonsense. Put the brakes on it by stopping your compulsions.

Edited by PolarBear
3 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

The first thing you're going to do is STOP researching fungal infections on the Internet. Stop it! It's a compulsion and only making your situation worse.

Did your doctor give you specific instructions to wash all your clothes in hot water and wash everything else in your home? No? Then don't do it. 

Leave it alone. You're falling for OCD nonsense. Put the brakes on it by stopping your compulsions.

Yes  I contacted the doctor today and I was given instruction to wash in hot water, which I have not been using.  

I'm thinking I need to wash the laundry and not worry about things that the clothes touched, since that would be compulsive.  Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Okay then. Do what the doctor told you but don't go further. 

Are you using some kind of cream for this?

Yes, but it's taking a long time for it to work.  it's been a nightmare because it's in so many places.  I have been washing my hands about twice as often-- especially in the shower after washing the infected areas.