Following advise and feeling better

Today has been a much better day. I'm starting to feel more normal. I didn't engage in any thoughts today and am not ruminating. I don't know why this all blew up in my mind so much. I don't know if this is a reason but I was on my period and I don't know if it was hormones that made me overreact. 

I'm not going to allow myself to engage in any obsessive thoughts. I didnt do anything wrong. I didn't touch a child or do anything inappropriate or sexual. I was not aroused by a child. I had a sexual thought about a woman when a child was playing with me and I can't remember whether or not I engaged with it in my mind or went through my head but I've decided to let it go. 

This evening I started feeling anxious again and I felt really low. I'm a bit better now and managed to push the thoughts away. It's not easy and I did get to the point where I started to ruminate again and caved in and spent half an hour ruminating but then tried to put it out of my mind and move on. I find alcohol helps me to feel relaxed which isn't good. I didn't drink a lot and didn't get drunk but a bit to drink took the edge off things. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain
5 minutes ago, lonelygirl91 said:

Anxious about what?

I have to speak out about this! I hope you don't get this wrong because i think it is really really important to understand this if one want to recover. One should NOT care about how one feel one day to another, your mood will probably go up and down on its own. And it is just wrong to think that you will get instantly better if you say no to OCD. If it was that easy nobody would have OCD, saying no to OCD will bring on the anxiety, probably the worst anxiety. Cutting out compulsions will make you anxious and you need to love the anxiety, atleast you need to sit with it. Bring it on, come get me. 

I think you are stuck in this notion that you are getting anxious of a reason. 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
1 minute ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

I have to speak out about this! I hope you don't get this wrong because i think it is really really important to understand if you want to recover. One should NOT care about how one feel one day to another, your mood will probably go up and down on its own. And it is just wrong to think that you will get instantly better if you say no to OCD. If it was that easy nobody would have OCD, saying no to OCD will bring on the anxiety, probably the worst anxiety. 

It's definitely not easy but I'm trying hard not to engage with these thoughts and to get on with my life. At the moment I'm feeling stable though I feel depressed about my life that I don't seem to fit in with people and don't have a boyfriend or much interest from guys. It's like the focus has shifted now. 

It's not going to be easy and will be up and down like you say. Unfortunately that is the nature of this condition. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain
Just now, lonelygirl91 said:

It's definitely not easy but I'm trying hard not to engage with these thoughts and to get on with my life. At the moment I'm feeling stable though I feel depressed about my life that I don't seem to fit in with people and don't have a boyfriend or much interest from guys. It's like the focus has shifted now. 

It's not going to be easy and will be up and down like you say. Unfortunately that is the nature of this condition. 

Yes it is very easy to get depressed from OCD, that is for sure! You are telling yourself that you are something you fear very much, and if it is true well then your life will change to the worst. Maybe it tells you that "this is it, now it's game over". 

If you prepare yourself to get anxiety maybe you can stand up against it easier when it comes. Concentrate on your recovery from OCD.

5 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Yes it is very easy to get depressed from OCD, that is for sure! You are telling yourself that you are something you fear very much, and if it is true well then your life will change to the worst. Maybe it tells you that "this is it, now it's game over". 

If you prepare yourself to get anxiety maybe you can stand up against it easier when it comes. Concentrate on your recovery from OCD.

What do you mean if it is true? That made me anxious 

Guest OCDhavenobrain
9 minutes ago, lonelygirl91 said:

What do you mean if it is true? That made me anxious 

I won't say yes or no, it would be kinda bad, because it is reassurance if i said no, you know. The risk is that you only analyze the part of my text now, you put all your focus on that very bit, but it was actually the thing i thought about the less when i wrote. 

Try to recover from OCD and ask yourself the question if you are a peado after you have recovered. 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
Guest OCDhavenobrain

Try to do something else if you are not going to bed now, i am, pretty late here. Do not analyze what i said, it doesn't matter and it shouldn't matter what your head tells you. Let it tell you whatever it wants, it will stop annoy you if you don't engage with it. 

I hope you can find some strength to not fall victim for those thoughts. Even if it's just for some hours.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

If it's not one thing it's the other. Now I keep thinking what if I'm attracted my best friend? We went out and I had two drinks and I kept thinking what if I'd want to be with her? I tried mentally testing being intimate with her in my mind; hoping to be repulsed, in my mind it seemed like I would want to and enjoy it. It really put a damper on my feeling and feel really low about it. 

You did it again. You're not getting it.

You had an intrusive thought. What was your reaction? You mentally tested to check your reaction. That was a compulsion. You should know that is a compulsion and you should have tried to stay away from doing so.