Has gotten SO much better with his contamination issues, yay, but, he has not used the school toilets in a year and a half now, when I picked him up from school on Thursday he told me he asked to use the loo after lunch (huge shock!) only to be told NO, he should’ve used it at lunch time! I was so upset for him, such a major accomplishment to even want to use the toilet but then to get turned down, this was a massive issue in school, they even allocated him is own staff toilet with antibacterial spray etc, not ideal of course, but because he kept having repeated urine infections we had to think of his physical health first, it didn’t work anyways and he still refused to use it! Then this time 2wks ago, he had to attend hospital for an enema as he has a real bad bowel obstruction most likely due to withholding! He finishes this school for good on Friday and I would’ve loved for him to have made that big goal of using their toilet before he left but now he said he won’t ask again because he’s scared they’ll shout at him!! He has fear of being told off or told no by people in authority which is more down to his Aspergers! Hopefully he will use the toilets on the next school, fingers crossed!x

Oh the poor wee man! How stupid of the teachers not to see past their standard rules. :confused1: 

I'm sure you have, Wonderer, but really reinforce with praise how wonderful he was to ask and reassure him he did the right thing. :yes: 

Fingers crossed for him in his new school. Maybe over the summer you could try some gradual exposures to public toilets on days out/ on holiday, so he gets used to the normality of using 'unfamiliar toilets'? 

21 minutes ago, snowbear said:

Oh the poor wee man! How stupid of the teachers not to see past their standard rules. :confused1: 

I'm sure you have, Wonderer, but really reinforce with praise how wonderful he was to ask and reassure him he did the right thing. :yes: 

Fingers crossed for him in his new school. Maybe over the summer you could try some gradual exposures to public toilets on days out/ on holiday, so he gets used to the normality of using 'unfamiliar toilets'? 

Thanks snowbear! I know! I actually don’t think it’s right that they deny kids to use the loo regardless, it’s not like we can control when we need to go! Yes I have praised him and told him how proud I am, He said he still wouldn’t ask for a poo though lol, his ritual around pooing is removing all his clothes, still not there yet but definitely amazing progress to want to pee in school so I’m hoping he will conquer the toilet issue altogether soon! Yes we are going to stay in a house for a week, he won’t really have much choice but to use the toilet there so it will just be helping him to not give into rituals while there, he’s doing so well though, his mood has improved and he’s back staying at my mums house now and again, little things he’s stopped doing are gradually coming back! Xx

Oh bless him Wonderer :( it’s sad they wouldn’t let him use the toilet, but what an amazing achievement :cheer:I bet your so so proud of him, he’s doing amazing ? let’s hope it’s onwards and upwards all the way :yes:

Wishing him all the best and hoping he will soon settle in his new school :yes: x

51 minutes ago, lostinme said:

Oh bless him Wonderer :( it’s sad they wouldn’t let him use the toilet, but what an amazing achievement :cheer:I bet your so so proud of him, he’s doing amazing ? let’s hope it’s onwards and upwards all the way :yes:

Wishing him all the best and hoping he will soon settle in his new school :yes: x

Thanks lost! Yes I am so very proud of him, he was making very slow progress for the longest time but lately he’s just kicking OCD butt! Lol! He has less stress in his life atm though and that could well be the reason why he has settled down, so just gotta keep my eye on him, I think moving schools is going to be extremely stressful for him but here’s hoping he doesn’t relapse!xx