Quitting smoking

Hey everyone, so I decided to kick the habit, i’m doing it by moving to a vape that does have nicotine in at first, I’ve Realised just how much it’s all mind over matter and a bit like tackling OCD! For example, I was smoking almost 20 a day, yesterday was the first day I decided to vape I got down to 6 cigarettes in a day immediately and only vaped 3 times, by telling myself I was getting the hit from the vape I managed quite ok, I did some research today and realised that I hadn’t even vaped enough liquid to equal 1 cig so technically I only had 6 and a bit smokes yesterday but because I’d convinced myself that every time I vaped it was equal to a cigarette I managed fine! Same today, I’ve had 4 cigs and will probably have 1 before I go to bed, I’ve vaped twice. I’m hoping to get down to no cigarettes at all by next week, maybe sooner if I can manage it, and then gradually reduce the nicotine strength in the vape until I’m nicotine free! I’ve been wanting to do this for a very long time but had convinced myself that the cigs were helping with my anxiety ?! Anyone here managed to kick the habit? I can’t do cold turkey, I did when I was pregnant but my reasons then felt so much more important to me than they have any other time!x

10 minutes ago, bruces said:

I'm a smoker and wished I hadn't started so the best of luck to you. 

Oh me too Bruce’s, I’ve been smoking in and off since I was 14yrs old, almost 34 now! Would u consider kicking it? X

I used to smoke cigarettes. I tried all the nicotine replacement therapy to no avail. These days I take 2 tiny tobacco pellets made in Denmark by Oliver Twist and put them in my cheek which rids the need for a cigarette.

Isolated nicotine in say eliquids or nicotine patches doesn’t work for me as there’s other alkaloids/MAOIs in tobacco I enjoy.

I now smoke a tobacco pipe say once a month/fortnight on my terms. With the pellets I can give or take the pipe. The pipe is just a hobby. Unlike cigarettes I don’t inhale into my lungs.

It’s been seven years like this with no looking back.

Edited by daja

It’s definiteky really tough, but it also makes me see how irrational OCD is, for example I went through a phase of being afraid to inhale chemicals, specifically oven pride or bleach, yet I was happily puffing away on cigs!!! Ive just got into bed, had a cig before I came up and already didn’t really enjoy it as it tastes yuck compared to the vape! Let’s hope I can do it this time! Let’s do it together lol xx

1 minute ago, daja said:

I used to smoke cigarettes. I tried all the nicotine replacement therapy to no avail. These days I take 2 tiny tobacco pellets made in Denmark by Oliver Twist and put them in my cheek which rids the need for a cigarette.

Isolated nicotine in say eliquids or nicotine patches doesn’t work for me as there’s other alkaloids/MAOIs in tobacco I enjoy.

I now smoke a tobacco pipe say once a month/fortnight on my terms. With the pellets I can give or take the pipe. The pipe is just a hobby. Unlike cigarettes I don’t inhale into my lungs.

Well done Daja! Cutting down is great as well, anything is better than puffing away on lots of cigs per day! I actually did quit before using the gum but I was aching for a cig anytime I saw someone with one, I caved and went back on them after a while, then I vaped for 2yrs without nicotine but I would still smoke when having a drink and I literally started my habit back up after one particularly heavy night! I no longer drink alcohol though as I find that it worsens my OCD so I’m hoping that will cut my risk of starting again a lot! Fingers crossed! X

7 minutes ago, daja said:

Sound interesting,are they safe? 

Day 3 and still smoking 6 cigs a day, I’ve got  stuffy nose, fuzzy head and aching muscles, apparently “nicotine flu” I feel like just quitting altogether so I don’t have to go through a withdrawal each time I lower my intake but I don’t feel ready to do that ? good thing is that I’m not actually craving a ciggie that much, just now and again. I’ve bought an Eliquid that contains 5mg less of nicotine and plan on starting that once I’ve used the remaining liquid in my vape! X